Ride from Prince Albert to United Kingdom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R100GS / Kalahari
Unfortenately not me :-[ but father in law decided he is doing his big trip in 2008 come hell or high water. They live in Prince Albert (karoo) and he wants to leave end March 2008. Idea is to go up via Sutherland towards Namibia.

He is doing the west coast of Africa so Nambia/Angola/Congo.......another few countriers and then via Morocco crossing into southern Spain where I will meet up with him in June/July riding back to the UK via a country or two  ;) Initially he wanted to ride back again as well but of course time permitting you can only have so much cake and eat it. He is riding with his 1150 Adventurer and going to do it as cheaply as possible. The bike will be shipped back to Africa after the trip from the UK.

He is looking for people also heading that way or that might be interested going all the way if they wish. Lyndsay is early 50's and been up to Tanzania etc so not at all interested going via the east coast. The west coast is still relatively unexplored but know someone who has done the trip from here down to SA with not a day's worth of trouble even in the Congo.

If you are interested in doing part or all of the trip with Lyndsay pm me and I will email you his telephone number and email address.

If I could afford to take three months of work would be on this trip like a flea on dusty camel's back  ;D

I will assist with getting the bikes to the docks etc on this side again and if you need a place to crash whilst on this side no problemo  8)