Ride to GS Challenge via Lydenburg (24th Sep)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Night Rider

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Leave shopping center in front of Mooikloof. (Cnr Garsfontein and Jollify Avenue PTA)  ..............  06h00
Ultra City(Middelburg) ...  07h00
Leave for Dullstroom   ... 07h45

N12 and N4 meet up just after Witbank. Joburg Wild Dogs can meet us at the Ultra City Middelburg (N4).

I've been hoping there would be a thread on a ride to the GS challenge. I am sure there are WDs that want to ride together to the GSC. I've ridden the Moria route many times so I'd like to take the Lydenburg route. I've still got to finalise a lot of things but I want to see if there is any interest. I'll be leaving from PTA but everyone goes through Witbank so that could be a meeting spot for example.

We'll be going the route set out by VMan (See post under for more details)

NB: Last fuel stop: Ofcolaco Business centre: situated on the R36 (approx. 20 km to Leydsdorp) Fuel stop GPS co-ordinate: S24.10068 E30.38108

BMW suggest:
Scenic / Alternative route via N4: Via Lydenburg
From Pretoria, follow N4 to Witbank, Middelburg. Continue on R540 to Belfast, Dulstroom and Lydenburg(Mashishing) Follow the R36 to Orichstad via J G Strydom tunnel to T-junction. Turn left on R36 to Tzaneen.

Attachments

• Limpopo.jpeg
    Limpopo.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 94