Riebeeck Kasteel in the heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
:3some:The heat on Sunday did nothing to deter five of us led by James Xrv tackling the gravel from Tygerberg Zoo through to Riebeeck Kasteel and back.
We all met at 8.30am at the Winelands one stop and after the introductions and the variuos discussions on childhood as two members had left their wives to thie own devices andf were hoping the hour of reckoning was not too close.
We hit the dirtand apart from the heavy dust in many cases rendering one blind and on auto pilot we all made it through to the tar on the Wellington Durbanville road before again going left and coming out close to pederberg.
We then were faced with hundreds of cyclists all racing to who knows where before again crossing the Malmesbury Paarl tar and heading up into the hills with the really fast road into Riebeeck kasteel.
Breakfast was enjoyed under the trees with plenty of talk about the usual subjects. Bikes, tyres, kit, sand, sand and more sand talk.
Leaving Riebeeck Kasteel we shot over the hill threw a right back onto gravel and then we all got the chance to ride patches of sand.
Well it is good training as it seems that on every sharp corner is a sand patch just waiting for the unsuspection rider.
We all made it in one piece to malmesbury and then had a blistering hot ride back to the start.
Everbody said their goodbyes and thanks to James we all had a great but hot ride.
It was great to mix with a smattering of different bikes as I mostly seem to come up against Katooms and BMWs.
Hopefully James will add the photographs.

Hey Robin! Thanks for joining! Will post some pics tomorrow. Maybe Neil can add a few as well.

Was a short one, but it's always nice slip away for a few hours.

Robin helping Renier out with a cargo net after his top box decided to go AWOL.

Nothing like seeing a couple of dust trails...

Breakfast at Riebeeck-Kasteel

Heading home via the Moreesburg/Malmesbury road

Thanks James pix look nice!  :)
I allready ordered me a new topbox at vuka (a kappa with a steel base plate for R499).
I will also get me a cargo net for next time.