Riebeeck Wes round-trip. Sat's CT ride report, at last!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eisbein said:
Witch make me ask the question - Is a DS bike a DS bike how its been designed, or how its ridden ?

:)
I believe it isnt about even having a DS bike its the ADVENTURING.
The Bikes is just a major PLUS.
Even having a person on a road bike doing all possible roads around the country some dirt if possible would also be a adventure.
I say so because we have people on fully BLINKED DS bikes that never touches sand and river crossings and mud and all those nice things.

GIDEON said:
Eisbein said:
Witch make me ask the question - Is a DS bike a DS bike how its been designed, or how its ridden ?

:)
I believe it isnt about even having a DS bike its the ADVENTURING.
The Bikes is just a major PLUS.
Even having a person on a road bike doing all possible roads around the country some dirt if possible would also be a adventure.
I say so because we have people on fully BLINKED DS bikes that never touches sand and river crossings and mud and all those nice things.

+ 1

The pic with the dust in the background is classic, defnite interesting places.

Welsh

The road of life is best when viewed over a set of handle bars.

Welsh said:
The road of life is best when viewed over a set of handle bars.

From Bikerpat's blog.

?In a car you are always in a compartment, and because you?re used to it, you don?t realize that everything you see through that car window is just more TV. You?re a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame. On a (motor) cycle the frame is gone. You?re completely in contact with it all. You?re in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming." - Robert M. Pirsig

growweblaar said:
On the way back to Stellenbosch via the Klapmuts road - I just had to stop and take a picture (now I just need to upgrade to the Pro version of my software to get that "Photographer Shadow Removal" tool)

488584075e0891d8efcovy4.jpg

Hey Wes, do you think you can spin your magic with some of the pics with me and make me look younger :wink: :)

Well done there, what program are you using

Mark Hardy said:
Hey Wes, do you think you can spin your magic with some of the pics with me and make me look younger

sorry mark, i'm a magician, not a god :lol: :lol: :lol:

the_wes said:
Mark Hardy said:
Hey Wes, do you think you can spin your magic with some of the pics with me and make me look younger

sorry mark, i'm a magician, not a god :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mmm, put a picture of me in his place.

Quite easy actually, Wes. :roll:

Lawrence :wink: