Right Around Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a long time that I have read this thread.  Great RR. :ricky:

jorust said:
Quick Update:

I am currently in Nairobi. Will have to stay here for a few days as Dax needs some TLC. Rear shock gave in on the 'hell road' so busy sorting one from SA to be flown up. And steering bearings also need replacing. Other than that we're both fine.

I'll be posting foreseen dates and route for getting back to SA soon for those who would like to join and ride with. I know there's already a growing group meeting me as I cross back into SA from Moz.

Will post it under 'Planning a Ride' as well, so please keep a lookout and let me know if you'd like to join up somewhere. Would be great to see some familiar faces again. And meet some new friends of course!  :3some:

I 'm in Rwanda Jo if you want to stop over it will be great having you around

:drif:

Well, as the Burger reported form Jolandie, she should be back in Augalas on the 14th of Nov.

Any of the WD gonna make a ride down south to welcome her back?

I will only be landing back in SA on the 14th from abroad, so I might not make it :-\
But if Jolandie gets delayed, I will definitely be there :thumleft:

I'd also love to meet her at Komatipoort and ride along a while, maybe to Durbs...

But it will all depend on the date she arrives back in SA, and my rotations at work in Lesotho. :deal:

woody1 said:
Last I heard from her was that she would be at Komatipoort Border around 12 November.

OK...

That's on my next off rotation.

BUT...

I've booked for the missus and I for a little dirty weekend getaway from the 10th to the 12th...

Gonna have to watch this one closely, its not that far from the Waterberg to Komatipoort...  :ricky:

Maybe she is running a bit quicker that that, because if she want to FINISH in the Cape on the 14th she has to go from Komatipoort to Aghulas in 2 day's.... no tyd for kuiering on the road. :ricky:

I told 'Die Burger' that I aim on finishing somewhere between the 15th and the 20th of November. With current delays I still can't give exact dates. Once I have the new shock I can fit it and then I'll know when I'll leave here and when I'll be in Komati and when I plan on being in Aghulhas.

I've decided to go from here - Tanzania - Malawi - Moz and then SA. It'll take me 2 - 3 weeks to get from here to Komati. So....as soon as I have a better idea of dates...I'll let you guys know.  :thumleft:

From Komati I plan on spending maybe a week down to Agulhas. Maybe a bit more.

The shock's going to the couriers tomorrow and I guess it should be here by Thu/Fri. Which means, depending on whether I have to fight with customs, I should leave here by the weekend or early next week.

Watch this space for updates.

PS: currently working on more reports. Coming soon.  :ricky:

jorust said:
I told 'Die Burger' that I aim on finishing somewhere between the 15th and the 20th of November. With current delays I still can't give exact dates. Once I have the new shock I can fit it and then I'll know when I'll leave here and when I'll be in Komati and when I plan on being in Aghulhas.

I've decided to go from here - Tanzania - Malawi - Moz and then SA. It'll take me 2 - 3 weeks to get from here to Komati. So....as soon as I have a better idea of dates...I'll let you guys know.  :thumleft:

The shock's going to the couriers tomorrow and I guess it should be here by Thu/Fri. Which means, depending on whether I have to fight with customs, I should leave here by the weekend or early next week.

23 November is the Breede bash. https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=136453.0

You MUST come there. All the Wild dogs that matter will be attending, including most of those from Worcester that saw you off when you left

Maybe onward to Agulhas on Sunday 24 November - I will join for the ride. I am sure many others will

Hi Jorust I would have loved to have met you at the border but as you can see I am still in plaster after I was hit by a wild buck 27 km before this years WD bash. Enjoy your ride from Nairobi, that stretch of road brings back memories see photo of us in Tanzania next to the Indian Ocean on the way from the Equator.

Attachments

• 2013 Bash Ride 001.jpg
    2013 Bash Ride 001.jpg
    178.7 KB
  • Africa Trip Schalk 474.jpg
    Africa Trip Schalk 474.jpg
    335.4 KB
Heimer said:
jorust said:

23 November is the Breede bash. https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=136453.0

You MUST come there. All the Wild dogs that matter will be attending, including most of those from Worcester that saw you off when you left

Maybe onward to Agulhas on Sunday 24 November - I will join for the ride. I am sure many others will

Awesome!  :ricky:
Whether I finish the weekend before the bash or the weekend of the bash...I'm pretty sure I'll be there.  :thumleft:

schalk vd merwe said:
Hi Jorust I would have loved to have met you at the border but as you can see I am still in plaster after I was hit by a wild buck 27 km before this years WD bash. Enjoy your ride from Nairobi, that stretch of road brings back memories see photo of us in Tanzania next to the Indian Ocean on the way from the Equator.

Yoh!!
Jammer om te hoor van die ongeluk.
Hoop jy word gou beter!  :3some:

Cairo Group Ride.

[flash=480,385]https://www.youtube.com/v/pHkYgbKVsEw[/flash]

Are you not concerned with the political instability in northern Moz?
Keep in mind they have elections coming up in Moz around 20 November if I am not mistaken.

bud500 said:
Are you not concerned with the political instability in northern Moz?
Keep in mind they have elections coming up in Moz around 20 November if I am not mistaken.

I'm not going through Northern Mozambique.  :thumleft:

I am not sure if it has been posted but did anyone see the write up in Die Burger.. I was in a waiting room and bored so brushed up on my Afr reading, it was a good write up.