Right Around Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yami Super 10 said:
Well, as the Burger reported form Jolandie, she should be back in Augalas on the 14th of Nov.

Any of the WD gonna make a ride down south to welcome her back?

I will only be landing back in SA on the 14th from abroad, so I might not make it :-\
But if Jolandie gets delayed, I will definitely be there :thumleft:

Yami, I did not know she has so many admirers and fans too  :lol8: :thumleft:

Mr Zog said:
Did you get the rear shock sorted Jo?

Still waiting. It's in Nairobi at least. Got a call from the courier yesterday to say they're waiting for customs clearance. So hoping to have it by Monday.

Jo, I'm getting the feeling that suddenly you are rushing to get the trip finished. What has made this trip all the more special has been your slow relaxed pace. Stopping and meeting people, riding with the locals, experiencing their cultures. Now it seems that you have a short deadline to get it over with?

Its your choice of course, but just seems a bit of a pity. Maybe I'm not getting something?

Mr Zog said:
Jo, I'm getting the feeling that suddenly you are rushing to get the trip finished. What has made this trip all the more special has been your slow relaxed pace. Stopping and meeting people, riding with the locals, experiencing their cultures. Now it seems that you have a short deadline to get it over with?

Its your choice of course, but just seems a bit of a pity. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Maybe I'm not getting something?[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Bear in mind that her trip only "ends" once the reach Angola.................................. again.
Angola is her MAIN SPONSOR and she feel it's only good courtesy to end her trip there officially.

So she still has a way to go. :)

Pietcoke said:
Mr Zog said:

Its your choice of course, but just seems a bit of a pity. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Maybe I'm not getting something?[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Bear in mind that her trip only "ends" once the reach Angola.................................. again.
Angola is her MAIN SPONSOR and she feel it's only good courtesy to end her trip there officially.

So she still has a way to go. :)

Ja, I understand that, but it just seems that she's now rushing to get from Kenya to SA in two weeks...

Yes, I am in a bit of a rush now, for various reasons.
1. Funding is running low as I'm getting to the end of the trip now. 2. As Piet mentioned I still have to go back up to Angola and back down again. 3. I have to start on Dakar prep ASAP. 4. I have a certain special someone waiting for me.  :peepwall:

jorust said:
1. Funding is running low as I'm getting to the end of the trip now. 2. As Piet mentioned I still have to go back up to Angola and back down again. 3. I have to start on Dakar prep ASAP. 4. I have a certain special someone waiting for me.  :peepwall:

Ride like the wind Jo Rust... Ride like the WIND  :thumleft:

jorust said:

"Funding is running low" and "I have to start on Dakar prep" are usually mutually exclusive, but it would be really cool to have a South African lady in the Dakar  :thumleft:

woman are doing it for themselves.......
FROM CAPE TOWN TO GOODWOOD

In 1928, Mary Heath - the first woman to hold a commercial flying licence in Britain, made front page news around the world as the first pilot, male or female, to fly solo a small, open-cockpit biplane from Cape Town to London.

In November 2013 to commemorate Lady Heath’s flight, pilot Tracey Curtis-Taylor will embark on a journey to fly her own open-cockpit Boeing Stearman biplane from Cape Town to Goodwood.

Flying in an open cockpit, exposed to the elements, is not for the faint-hearted, and the flight represents a formidable physical and logistical challenge - in a plane designed in the 1930’s, with a top speed of 95 mph, an operating ceiling of 10,000 feet and a range of only 450 miles. But this sort of extreme flying is what Curtis-Taylor, the first female pilot based at the historic Shuttleworth collection of vintage aircraft, has been doing all her life.

picture 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Information

Nylon Films
56 Wood Lane
London, W12 7SB
tel: +44(0)20 7096 1965
email: [email protected]

another inspiring female

Attachments

• 2699833_orig.jpg
    2699833_orig.jpg
    268 KB
brianw said:
woman are doing it for themselves.......
FROM CAPE TOWN TO GOODWOOD

In 1928, Mary Heath - the first woman to hold a commercial flying licence in Britain, made front page news around the world as the first pilot, male or female, to fly solo a small, open-cockpit biplane from Cape Town to London.

In November 2013 to commemorate Lady Heath’s flight, pilot Tracey Curtis-Taylor will embark on a journey to fly her own open-cockpit Boeing Stearman biplane from Cape Town to Goodwood.

Flying in an open cockpit, exposed to the elements, is not for the faint-hearted, and the flight represents a formidable physical and logistical challenge - in a plane designed in the 1930’s, with a top speed of 95 mph, an operating ceiling of 10,000 feet and a range of only 450 miles. But this sort of extreme flying is what Curtis-Taylor, the first female pilot based at the historic Shuttleworth collection of vintage aircraft, has been doing all her life.

picture 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Information

Nylon Films
56 Wood Lane
London, W12 7SB
tel: +44(0)20 7096 1965
email: [email protected]

Awesomeness!!  :thumleft: :thumleft:

I'M COMING HOME!!!

Okidoki. Dax is fixed. I just fitted her new shock today and she's all set. We're taking the weekend to make sure everything is in order and I'll be leaving Nairobi on Monday. It's the final stretch!!

Here's the final itinerary for anyone who wishes to ride with a day or even just a few kilometers.

There's a 'finale' being organized by some media down in Agulhas for the 24th. So would be awesome if some Cape Town and surroundings dogs could join. I'll post time and meeting points a bit closer to the time.

See you all soon!!!!

14 November – Komatiepoort (Stay over in Nelspruit perhaps)
15 November – Durban
16 November – Durban (Rest Day, Bike Service, Braai etc)
17 November – Port St Johns
18 November – East London
19 November – Port Elizabeth
20 November – Jeffreys Bay
21 November – George
22 November – Worcester
23 November – Cape Town (Or stay in Worcester)
24 November – Finale! Cape Agulhas

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 1.51.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 1.51.45 PM.png
    159.5 KB
Laat weet waar en hoe laat in PE dat ons kyk wat gereël kan word.

jupiter said:
Laat weet waar en hoe laat in PE dat ons kyk wat gereël kan word.

My huis is altyd oop as jy slaapplek soek  :biggrin:

Urgently relook your Mozambique route - you going right through the Renamo Attack Zone !!!!!

Attachments

• moz.jpg
    moz.jpg
    62.3 KB

Latest posts