S.O.S. Drinks on the Breede '09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprocketbek

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Seems like people are too laid back/tired/hung over to start posting.
Or is it a case of what happens at the river stays at the river?

Herewith my side of the story:

Saturday was a difficult day. I had slept over at Hermanus, went out with some friends and got to bed at 03:00.
Due to work I only had about 4 hours sleep on Thursday night so I wasn't really energetic. Saturday was a lovely day, in fact it was easily in the 30's. Drank lots of water from the Hydrapak, I now agree with the guys that Airvent clothing can cause a dehyration problem. On top of that a babbelas too.

My approach to the campsite was a little erratic, I understood there would be a flag at the tar road between Villiersdorp & Rawsonville so I didn't bother studying the directions properly. Not to worry, took the Overhex road and onto the R 62 to get to the Robertson entrance. (Thanks Operator for the help in finding that).

Met Sot and Son of Sot (Tomas) along the way. I proceeded to the T-junction near the drift and the bike just vrekked. Mors dood. It was only about 5 km from the campsite. So near yet so far. I was stuck there with not a bit of shade in sight. Worst of all: As far as the hangover went, I had a serious relapse. From blissfully bombing along the gravel road to cowering next to the hot bike to find some shade took only moments. Sot went to the campsite to call Ektoknbike and they collected me with the bakkie. Thanks H, and also to Rassie & missus for your support. :thumleft:

After a few beers we investigated and it seemed to be a bad connection on the multiplug that connects the ignition switch to the loom. Bit of fiddling and the bike was fine and hasn't missed a beat since.

And then we could relax & party. I only took a few pics on the way back but I'm sure there will be some party pics posted.

Bus trying to keep up with Highlander on the BWS:

IMG_4713B.jpg

IMG_4715B.jpg

Bus being his usual self:

IMG_4719B.jpg

This farm always catches my eye when I travel through Villiersdorp:

IMG_4710B.jpg

Just after Villiersdorp on the road towards Hermanus the drizzle turned into heavy rain and the wind picked up to gale force. I was dressed in a T-shirt & Airvent suit so it was rather unpleasant but I knew I didn't have far to go. Stopped at the coffee shop on the way and had breakfast and 2 coffees and felt human again.

Thanks all it was a great outing! :thumleft: