Sand, drops and the new camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PARAMED said:
Love the footage.... As always K well done... I rate the sound of that 950! :thumleft:

I'm in for next time,for sure......! ;D
Will give you a call closer to the weekend!

Thanks +100

keep me in the loop please - my kicking leg needs a workout!

Kamanya said:
InsiderDirtRider said:
Sorry Kamanya, I don't mean to be a sour puss, but isn't it illegal to ride on the beaches...?  Purely a question out of curiosity, don't mean to point any fingers ;)

Yep.

Although this has a section that has a road/track that runs along the beach. You can see the tracks that I cross over (ok, I did move a little far over at one point). The fishermen use it and it is heavily travelled, it runs just along the high water mark and when last I did it it was quite heavily cobbled, but with all the storms its now just sand.

But yes, technically I am in the wrong.

Nope...it is all part of a sand mining concession...we do a ride from Stellenbosch to there and back...fondly called the "bapsie" after the Bapsfontein 500 that everybody did in the 70's. The area that you are not allowed to ride in is patrolled by the mine concession security, so if you have not been stopped, you are in the right.

BTW....they also patrol to keep you out of an area where there are unexploded arnements, some SADF involvement there a lot of years ago, but they found a live shell June 2007 (me thinks, can't remember the date, could have been 2006)

Having said the above...discretion is the word....you can see the areas where riding takes place, just watch out for quats coming from the opposite direction.