Short Report - South Cape Breakfast Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
I was lucky enough to be invited on a Dual Sport breakfast run this Sunday morning. The run was organized by some Mosselbay riders who got together in Hartenbos and then the George riders joined on the Outeniqua Pass at the Montagu Pass turn-off.

When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised to see a whole host of bikes there. 17 in total if I remember correctly.

P7190003.jpg

Soon we were on our way heading over the very scenic Montagu Pass:

P6020009.jpg

The weather played along and we had a picture perfect day. Halfway through the Langkloof we stopped at Nolshalte for fuel.

P7190012.jpg

Hitting the gravel again - the turn-off to De Vlugt:

P7190013.jpg

Having some fun:
icon_mrgreen.gif

P7190020.jpg

Great scenery; perfect day!
cool.gif

P7190023.jpg

In De Vlugt we had our first pitstop for refreshments at Angie's G-spot. We had a great selection of bikes with TransAlps, V-stroms and XT660's very well represented. There was also a pristine example of a Honda Africa Twin
mwink.gif
Curiously there weren't a single BMW 1200 or 650. Come to think of it, this is the first larger group I've ridden in where BMW's and KTM's were in the minority.

P7190029.jpg

P7190033.jpg

A great spot, always a favourite with bikers
evil610.gif
There were several Wild Dogs in the group: LGF, Wave Rider, Smidty, Jakkals and one more I think?
icon_scratch.gif

P7190032.jpg

Eventually we had to get going again. This "Breakfast Run" was fast turning into a "Lunch Run"
biggrin.gif

Heading over Prince Alfreds Pass towards Knysna:

P7190040.jpg

P7190041.jpg

Kom-se-Pad:

P1060098.jpg

In-ride shot - TransAlps running together
rider10.gif

P7190049.jpg

We rode into Knysna and headed to the waterfront for lunch.

P7190055.jpg

What a nice social outride. It was great meeting a lot of new local riders
icon_thumleft.gif
After lunch we were running late so we hit the N2 home. I rode with two V-Stroms and my TA had it's work cut out running with these fast bikes, hitting the rev limiter in top gear several times.
icon_eek.gif

Our route for the day:

(Clickable Map)

I rode 211km for the day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to the organizers
icon_thumleft.gif
I hope there is another outride soon!
biggrin.gif

There were 3 XT 660's! :thumleft:

That 1150 was very cool indeed. I wonder why you don't see more in those colours.

Attachments

• P7190017.jpg
    P7190017.jpg
    96 KB
If I get invited again I'll keep you in the loop!

Trailrider said:
That 1150 was very cool indeed. I wonder why you don't see more in those colours.

True, they're very rare, think its a special edition or something?

TR  nice report as usual

Thanks again for the invite it really was an awesome day and a great bunch of people! :ricky:

Nice one TR :thumleft: Nice time of the year for riding in the Cape :)

Nice report TR  :thumleft:, sorry I missed this one.

Great report and pics,was a lekker day in the wc for riding all over, life is just great aint it :ricky:

Berm_Rooster said:
looks nice. was there a thread in "planning a ride"?

Nope. It wasn't a WD thing. Hein from Mosselbay Agri put it together.

Smidty said:
TR  nice report as usual

Thanks again for the invite it really was an awesome day and a great bunch of people! :ricky:

Smidty did you see the woman in the BMW chasing you through town today? ;D

My wife and son saw a WD bike and thought you were on a trip or something. They wanted to invite you over for a beer but you got away from them. When they saw the CAW number plate they realized I probably know you already :D

Nice report as always TR. I've been looking out for something from you for weeks now...

Yep, haven't ridden much lately :-\ Some nice rides coming up in Sept :thumleft:

TR ha ha ha, ja het in York str. 'n BM gesien op 'n slag, nog nie bike gewas nie so het seker sleg gelyk  :biggrin:

Lekker report TR , Hein invited me but my ribs still have not mended from my last spill !!! But I still look forward to doing a ride with you soon !