SHOT NERVES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I have been riding for close on 40 years ,some 10 years ago we had a slip & slide fall on the 22 in Sabie . Was our first ride out on the Saturday morning , sighting lap , so not going fast , came around a bend and the road was covered in diesel oil , slip slide down we go . My leathers did the job and I walked away with out a scratch , so di my pillion , she had a bruise on her leg but that was all, Fast forward eight years , we did little rides now and then in the space between , went 4x4ing big time , Two years ago we decided we had had enough of 4x4 and its time for a new adventure , So I purchased a 1190 ktm , our mission was that we would go on a weekend away ride at least once a month , this we did , December last year we did a Capetown tour was great . We have done over 20k kilos on this new toy ..... but
Since the fall my partner has a fear of falling again , I got back on like falling off a horse and it has not left any scars , in her case it seems scared for life . Some days she is ok and we can go for it , next day the first corner its panic stations and she believes we are going to fall. Gently leaning the bike into corners has her pulling the handbrake ( we have a signal system , left leg tap , slow down , right leg speed up and a left leg squeeze is the handbrake  ;D) She has no objection to going on a bike trip , just her nerves are shot and I would like to find a way to calm them , We enjoy the ride , corners are the problem and then only some times . Gentle pull away ok , revs up fron the light is a no no . But that if we are on our own , in a group she can get her race-face on and then I need to push as she does not like being second  :imaposer: . then panic is packed away . As long as we go fast responsibly .
She also has a problem thinking we are going to fall over , yes the 1190 is tall for me and I am on tip toes , but I can handle the bike , she is of the opinion I cant and nothis I say will change her mind . If I go ride on my own it wont be the same and the bike will become a garage queen .
So HOW DO A BEAT THIS MONSTER ?