Social Gauteng Ride Report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
A great group of riders met at the Engen garage in the East of Pretoria this morning.

I just remember a few names as we were all in all seventeen riders. Add your names as we go along with the ride report.
The names i remember. Martin-Kykdaar-Zerc-Hoofseun-Roux-Michael( not me) Beemer-Mike-Dapper muis-SaddleUp-Johan Gray-Andrew-Robert------There was a liitle bit of Mud in the beginning and some DEEP water in the end. Hoofseun wanted to see if Puddles bike he was riding was cured after the Jules drowning episode :peepwall: Seems the Submarine is cured once and for all, even able to ride totally under water and come out the other side without even missing a beat :thumleft: As for Zerc well he seems to be coming into his own with that 1200Adventurer. since the last time we rode together. Nice to see people we have been riding on and off with improve every time we ride together.Thank's Kykdaar for sweeping :thumleft:

Dust--Nil.
Mud--a Little.
Water --a bit.
Broken bones--Nil
Drowned bikes-Nil
Punctures - Nil
Broken down bikes-Nil
Cameras-Seemed like everyone had one ;)
DIRTY BIKES-17 :eek:
Passed a rider on a KTM on the way to Rayton with a lady on the back ??? Maybe someone we know?

All in all a nice short ride of about 200km. Great food at Cullinan and first class guy's i will ride with anyday
The first little bit of water. Marting bulldozing the Big Yellow Pig through.

SaddleUp

Beemer Mike

Zerc

The rest of the gang and the DRZ400 that could NOT keep the front wheel on the ground :mwink:

Kykdaar cleaning up from the back :thumleft:

As for the rest of the pics--Leaving it up to the rest of the riders who also took some super pics. Add what you like guys. Thanks for the day all --I had a great day and enjoyed the company to the fullest. :thumleft:

Looks great - sorry I missed yet ANOTHER ride  :(
Hopefully will join in next time  :thumleft:

First of thanks to Blazes for the ride, as usual it was very enjoyable. Conditions were good with just enough mud and water to  wake us up. Here's a few photos that I took

Our sweeper, KykDaar or for the international audience, our sweeper LookThere  ;D

A bunch of Wild Dogs

An example of the more muddy parts

Blazes

Sorry, not sure who this was

We came a across some colourful women who were only too happy to let me take their photograph.

Our breakfast stop in Cullinan where only water was available to quench our thirst.  :pot: (just joking)

Super ride, thanks guys.  And by the way, my wife DID actually mow the lawn while I was out playing in the Mud !! :thumleft:

Hel_Bent said:
Next time " H " How is the arm getting on ?

blazes said:
Hel_Bent said:

Arms doing great thanks  :thumleft: Finally got the plate out of the shoulder so now it's off to gym to get some strength back so I can pick my bike up.  >: :mwink:
I've started riding a TTR to ease back into things, and MAN I'm having fun on that  ;D ;D ;D

I dont think many of the riders that met at Engen expected to have such an awesome day.

As soon as we hit the dirt  the fun started. Water, mud, snot, shot nerves and relieve was the order of the day. Rides like this just proves that the easy ones dont do much for your skill.

It was magic to be riding with so many positive guys that just went for it. Of course it helped being in the company of many exelent riders leading the pack by example.

Thanks all. Looking forward to the next one.

Blazes, once again thanks for organising such an brilliant ride.

sillystunt said:
looks like fun,  next time for sure. glad to hear no one went down hard. 
Hi " S " You would have loved it  :mwink: How is "B " doing ?

Cudo's to Blazes for finding such great roads once again and for mixing it up superbly (water, mud, open gravel highways - we had it all). On top of that the scenery was truly great  :thumleft:

Being sweeper had its benefits yesterday as Hoofseun rode just in front of me. As a result I was treated to a riding display by Hoofseun who, whilst I steered the easy route at every opportunity, was clearly enjoying himself and throwing that GS800 at every piece of mud and rutted track he could find. One day when I am big I hope that I can ride like that :thumleft:

Great bunch of easy going guys that joined - really enjoyed your company and hope to see you again some time soon.

The ride home was, as so many times with Blazes's rides, some of the best fun. Four of us - Blazes, Martin, Hoofseun and me rode some nice muddy tracks and then came accross the longest and deepest water / mud crossing for the entire day :eek: I hope someone posts pictures of it, because it was epic fun.

Great ride once again :biggrin:   

Have to say a big thank you to Blazes for the professional way in which he lead the ride and for selecting a really enjoyable route.

Was fun to ride with such a great bunch of guys and learned a fair bit by watching how it should be done.

Thanks all.

Hel_Bent said:
blazes said:
Hel_Bent said:

Arms doing great thanks  :thumleft: Finally got the plate out of the shoulder so now it's off to gym to get some strength back so I can pick my bike up.  >: :mwink:
I've started riding a TTR to ease back into things, and MAN I'm having fun on that  ;D ;D ;D
Glad to hear that you are getting on well :thumleft: TTR a great bike to get the confidence back again. Did " D " go with to ride the Kalahari with Jan and HJ.?
last time i saw "D" he was cooling down on his HP2 ::) He was Smoking Hot :mwink:

Saddle Up said:
I dont think many of the riders that met at Engen expected to have such an awesome day.

As soon as we hit the dirt  the fun started. Water, mud, snot, shot nerves and relieve was the order of the day. Rides like this just proves that the easy ones dont do much for your skill.

It was magic to be riding with so many positive guys that just went for it. Of course it helped being in the company of many exelent riders leading the pack by example.

Thanks all. Looking forward to the next one.

Blazes, once again thanks for organising such an brilliant ride.
Nice to have had you join Saddle Up. As you said the ride is determined by the group as far as pace route and technicallity goes ;)

sparro said:
Super ride, thanks guys.  And by the way, my wife DID actually mow the lawn while I was out playing in the Mud !! :thumleft:
Pleasure. Mow the lawn :eek: Now if she just washed the Bike afterwards-----A Perfect TEN in my books. Nice to have met you ;)

Chorse said:
Have to say a big thank you to Blazes for the professional way in which he lead the ride and for selecting a really enjoyable route.

Was fun to ride with such a great bunch of guys and learned a fair bit by watching how it should be done.

Thanks all.
Thanks Chorse ;) Great to have met you. Hats off to you with that bike---You did well :thumleft:

Kykdaar said:
Cudo's to Blazes for finding such great roads once again and for mixing it up superbly (water, mud, open gravel highways - we had it all). On top of that the scenery was truly great  :thumleft:

Being sweeper had its benefits yesterday as Hoofseun rode just in front of me. As a result I was treated to a riding display by Hoofseun who, whilst I steered the easy route at every opportunity, was clearly enjoying himself and throwing that GS800 at every piece of mud and rutted track he could find. One day when I am big I hope that I can ride like that :thumleft:

Great bunch of easy going guys that joined - really enjoyed your company and hope to see you again some time soon.

The ride home was, as so many times with Blazes's rides, some of the best fun. Four of us - Blazes, Martin, Hoofseun and me rode some nice muddy tracks and then came accross the longest and deepest water / mud crossing for the entire day :eek: I hope someone posts pictures of it, because it was epic fun.

Great ride once again :biggrin:     
Great to have you along Kykdaar--And thanks for sweeping ;) Saw Hoofseun take some pics of THAT last deep crossing and Martin. Will download some pics from Martin to post later.