• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Solar power to charge a laptop and run a projector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cave Girl

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. The bat interest group often goes to rather remote places to do bat surveys and using our computer and projector for talks for the locals is quite important for the educational side of what we do.

So we are looking for something other than a generator - try talking above one of those  :)

I figure what I need is : A solar panel, low cycle 12 v battery or two, charge controller and a frequency inverter for the conversion of 12 v to 220v, all put together into a nice little package that a total idiot (me) would be able to work.

As the bat interest group relies on donations and subs we do not have a lot of money to spend - I am willing to contribute R3000.00 to the "system" but have no idea if that will even cover the idea let alone the actual item .....
HELP!