Some mountains,ocean,gravel & tar with some great friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lem said:
It's been more than two years since I've written ride reports, but I'm gonna leave the soppy bits & just share with you my experiences of an awesome day to be a capie with a dual purpose bike.

It's been about two weeks since I've acquired this F650GS Dakar from Knucklhead. I have done a bit of riding during the week, but none of it included a bit of gravel. I have learnt however, in this short time, is that this size of bike is as good an allrounder as Jacques Kallis used to be.  

Since Nismark & Dusty Rusty was pivotal in the logistics of getting it here, and the fact that she recently also bought her dream DR650, a dayride was definately on the cards.

Some last minute plans were made & we also contacted Sardine, who also needed to get some saddle time on her superb specimen of a DR650

So there was a plethora of new experiences to be had today. Myself being back on the bike after basically more than two years, back to cruising the gravel, finding some new roads, meeting a new Wilddog, Sardine & also dusting off the old jacket & gloves.

Back to the ride report. So this morning around 08h30, I met up with Dusty Rusty & Nismark & we saddled up our Leatherman bikes.

On to Stellenbosch via Kromme Rhee & the R44, where we teamed up with Sardine

we took the Hellshoogte Pass, through Pniel over to Franschoek & over Franschoek Pass to Theewaterskloof Dam.

Some pics:

1) Sardine's black mamba
2) Dusty Rusty looking very focussed  :pot: & Nismark scanning more than just her technique.
3&4) Sonderendrivier bridge over Theewaterskloof Dam.  

Hey theres my ol scoot!!!!! hope shes treatin u fine LEM??  :deal:

Knucklhead said:
Casting from Turd said:
I have to say it. Gentleman that Knucklehead  :thumleft:

Am blushing now  :3some:

Hey bru. Yeah, she's treating me well thusfar. I've probably covered around 700kms up till now. The left indicator stopped flashing after a bit of gravel on saturday, but the worked perfectly again a bit later on.

Die 650cc vrugtetor onder die seat het nog glad nie enige pyne gewys nie.

Ek love daai bike!