Sudden loss of front brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeltonsc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
Howzit guys,

So we are all bikers and sometimes we take things for granted, like the fact that your brakes would be there when you need them...

Well yesterday afternoon on my way home, I was taking it very easy, when riding down quite a steep section of Wilgerood rd in Roodepoort when suddenly my front brakes felt spongy.

next thing I see the pad fly out and then there is no brakes, just a handfull of nothing  :eek: so I pulled over and walked up the road to collect my brake pad.

Well I think I need new underwear. luck I had left work late and there was no traffic. I sommer pulled into spar and bought a lotto ticket.

Now these pads are not worn down to the metal backing plate, they are about half worn, so this is confusing me slightly as to why this would have happened, I do see that I need to get the retaining clips/spring again so maybe that is what allowed the pad to simply drop out.

when I got home I put in the pad again and have ridden slowly to work, will get a new set of pads today and hopefully I can find those retaining clips.

PS I dont think that my misses knows that I have increased my life insurance recently  :deal:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-12-18 at 18.36.23.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-12-18 at 18.36.23.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 204

Latest posts