Sunday 20th September - Rhino Park invite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cave Girl

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi,
A friend of mine is arranging this - He is not on the forum but all invited  :)
Hello.

A few of us are going to Rhinopark this Sunday for some off-road playing around.

Rhinopark is suited for MX bike and Quads and is not a full blown MX track.

They are more geared for “enduro” style riding and playing around.

BUT I remember that they were busy with a MX track last time i was there, so it might be completed.

Rhino park has all kinds of terrains and you WILL get a great workout. They have a big circular route around the area where you can get some speed.

There are march areas where you can play in the mud, a sand pit/beach area with really loose and thick sand. Tracks thorough the “woods” where you can test your balance, hard riding surfaces and some places where there is clay…..also a track where the clay has formed “clumps” all over the place. (excellent for testing your balance and control as the bike jumps and slides)

The costs at Rhinopark is R20 per person plus R30 per bike.

They have ablution and braai facilities as well as a restaurant.

Sundays you can buy a cooked meal at R50/p

(or you can bring meat and braai)

MX riders

Please remember ALL your protective kit. And WEAR it at all times, no matter how good you are. It just extends your riding pleasure as you will fall at some point and then sit with roasties.

Bring your fuel and 2stroke mix.

Please bring any extra or spare gear that you have. (so other people may use it)

Bring a set of clean clothes.

Non MX riders

Bring tear proof long pants. A denim will do.

You can use our knee guards but I can guarantee that you wont want to put my sweaty MX pants on J

Bring a long sleeved top or shirt. Something light. It is not for cold but roasties on your arms and shoulders if you fall over. Again, you can wear our chest and elbow protectors, but you wont want to wear my MX shirt. (falling on sand is similar to grass. The sand “burns” you a little bit. Nothing to worry about but it is easily prevented)

Bring some STRONG shoes. With the best ankle support you can manage. They are going to get dirty (but it is “clean” dirt such as water and mud). You don’t have to be able to walk in them, just ride with them. Like army/police boots.

Bring nice thick socks.

If you CAN arrange it, bring a old (or MX helmet). We do sweat a bit in the helmets as well but its not as “grillerig” because not too much of your skin makes contact with the wet spots J

We would also have to share the thin MX gloves.

Bring a set of clean clothes.

Directions

FROM PRETORIA:

Drive on the N4 freeway direction Witbank. Take the Rayton, Cullinan, Bapsfontein off-ramp at

the top of the Donkerhoek mountain. Drive through the tollgate. After the tollgate(+- 150m) turn

right onto the R515 towards Bapsfontein. Drive on for approx. 4km. Turn left at the McCarthy

4x4 Club, Rhino Park signboard. Follow the signboards to the clubhouse.

FROM WITBANK:

Drive on the N4 freeway direction Pretoria. Drive through the tollgate on the N4, then take the

Rayton, Cullinan, Bapsfontein off-ramp. Turn left onto the R515. Drive for approx. 3.7km. Turn

left at the McCarthy 4x4 Club, Rhino Park signboard. Follow the signboards to the clubhouse.

FROM BAPSFONTEIN:

Take the R25 towards Bronkhorstpruit. Drive for approx. 15km. Turn left on the R515 towards

Rayton, Cullinan. Drive 9km and turn right at the McCarthy 4x4 Club, Rhino Park signboard.

Follow the signboards to the clubhouse.

S 25 49. 851    E 28 32.337

At the moment we only have three bikes (two MX and one GS who will be riding “nicely”) Please don’t expect that 40 people can arrive and all get a chance to ride.

You are welcome to come and have a relaxing day and laugh at the riders falling. (I am pretty sure you will get a chance to ride a bit)

It would be appreciated it some more riders with bikes and quads come along for the fun, it will also be greatly appreciated if you would give others a chance to ride your bike (there is nothing on a MX bike to break if you fall…unless you are really bad luck)

Guys with the on/off road style bikes are welcome to come. I won’t recommend you borrowing it to anyone and you will have to take it slower and more carefully. If you fall replacing your flickers, mirrors or whatever is for your own cost J (but you will also enjoy yourself as there is space suitable for you to ride safely)

All

If you come, please remember chairs, snacks and something to drink.

(and wood and food if you are gonna braai)

Hmmmmm….perhaps some plasters and a basic first aid kit is not a bad idea J

The groundwater is also quite shallow so you could come blasting around a corner and then have to skid through a pool or stream in you way.

I really recommend that you bring a set of clean clothes as you WILL get dirty. But you also WILL enjoy yourself.