Sunday's Franschoek Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
We went for a nice relaxing ride with some friends that is not into the DS thingâ?¦..all though they do have DS bikes. The hole day - the one thing just led to the next thing â?? no pressure, just a nice flowing day,â?¦..shit it sounds like Iâ??m writing a love story, - had breakfast in Franschoek, went to the Brederiver Dam(hope I got the name right), little bit dirt riding, stop to take a rest at the BIG Eskom wind generatorsâ?¦..and then these to â??guyâ??sâ?  on KTMâ??s come from the opposite way and stopâ?¦.because you always stop at other KTM riders and chatâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦the one rider was XXX and when the other rider took â??hisâ? helmet off â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦..ITâ??S A WOMAN ON A KTM 640 ADVENTUREâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦all bow downâ?¦..RESPECT- RESPECT-RESPECT, itâ??s nice to see woman that rides only the BESTâ?¦â?¦.and so we all went for a beer at The Lapa in Melkbos â?? perfect end to a perfect day.

Attachments

• DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    66.9 KB
  • DSC00088.JPG
    DSC00088.JPG
    104.3 KB
  • DSC00093.JPG
    DSC00093.JPG
    79.3 KB
  • DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    78.8 KB
  • DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    94.4 KB
Hi there Iceman.

Tell me are the two people on the Varadero maybe Warren and Ronel????
If so, they stay opposite me!
Come around for a cold one sometime.

We eventually arrived in Franschoek and settled down for a most welcome breakfast , it felt that the "Buffalo Rally"had moved in there was every type type of motorcycle and "millions" of them in Franschoek . People with amazing designs of "atgatt" that I have never seen before all out enjoying the day and braving the wind nearly lost my pillion in one gust  ;D relaxing having breakfast Jilly and Little E:

P1010012.jpg

We then went to the Bergriver dam which has just been completed this year and it is already 43% full:

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

On the way back at the wind generators we ran into some "more" KTM's  Lil Minx on her NEW 640 and XXX :

P1010021.jpg

After some refreshments at the Lapa we moved back over the hill for some more gravel roads for the 640 KTM rider :

P1010025.jpg

a super day and super company thanks :)

Good one Guys, and well done Liddle one.  :D
Youve just launched yourself into, what will be, one of the most unbelievable experience of your life, full of comradery and getting in tune with all your physical sences.

We must have just missed you guys. We went to go look if 'the grass was greener' on the otherside, of the dam.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.9 KB
  • P1000922.JPG
    P1000922.JPG
    92.3 KB
NIce one  ;D - tell a noob - wheres BergRiver Dam? I cant seem to recall right now :patch:

We were spying on you guys down there...  :peepwall:

Funny how many dogs were in the area and we didnt bump into each other...

Lito said:
NIce one  ;D - tell a noob - wheres BergRiver Dam? I cant seem to recall right now :patch:

The Google Earth & GPS manne will probably be able to point it out exactly.
But as you approach Franschoek from Paarl side you can see the dam wall on your right hand side.
Awesome ride!!!

Thanks Keith k and co.Believe their might be another lady rider on horizon Keep us posted Jilly

Bus said:
The Google Earth & GPS manne will probably be able to point it out exactly.
But as you approach Franschoek from Paarl side you can see the dam wall on your right hand side.
Awesome ride!!!

Thanks Bus - I hear youre a hoot. It will be cool to ride. I might bring some spare rags though to shove in your loud mouth Yoshi, but I'll blame it on someone else  :ricky:

Lekker sous....

Lito said:
Thanks Bus - I hear youre a hoot. It will be cool to ride. I might bring some spare rags though to shove in your loud mouth Yoshi, but I'll blame it on someone else  :ricky:

Flagrant fibs, all of it!!! Im actually a quiet, in-my-place introvert...  >:D

No, really...