TAKING NOTES FOR RR ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MegaPix

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
How do you approach the writing of the RR?  Do you re-look at the pictures and write the story from there or do you take notes at the end of each day ?

Would be interesting to hear the different approaches.

:lamer:  :deal:  :spitcoffee:

I look at the pics and then decide which ones to use and what writing if any to add.
I while riding take a photo because it is interesting to me and might be to a reader too.
Of course I am a sucker for a beautiful sunset and a road in the distance. :drif:

If you want to learn to write... start writing, just like learning to ride your bike. Write the RR immediatly after the ride. Don't edit, just write it as it comes out your head. When I do an RR after a tour, I'll first do it in "Word" and then copy and paste. A little editing will then happen, but mostly I write off the bat.

On longer rides I'll take notes, but its the foto's that tell the story. Develope an easy conversational style, like you would be telling your friends. I prefer 1st person present tense, as if the story is happening now.

Not all my RR's have the same style, it depends on the ride. You can browse here if you want more of an idea https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=90841.0 I'm quite a few RR's behind on the index.  :lamer:

Thnx, i'll have a look at all of them. I lie in bed with the I pad and read the RR's.
:thumleft:

MegaPix said:
How do you approach the writing of the RR?  Do you re-look at the pictures and write the story from there or do you take notes at the end of each day ?

Would be interesting to hear the different approaches.

:lamer:  :deal:  :spitcoffee:

:spitcoffee:  :ricky: :ricky:

I write my RR like I was telling a story around the fire.. I think the best RR's are the ones that have good detail, have drama and are funny.

Gooi meilies

I just write off the top of my head! The things that are most interesting is what I remember,, the rest isn't important enough  :imaposer:

Go take a look at Daskops 1200km africa RR , he would never have been able to put all those words together without making notes everyday . I honestly thought he was being a bit Anal but shit i only remembered half the stuff he put down . Lots of pics this will also remind you , together with your notes . :deal: