• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tents For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obi -Wan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Hi Everyone,

I have decided to buy a MSR Hubba-Hubba and I need to subsidise the expense so I am selling my two existing tents.

The tent I use for single trips where it is just me is the K-Way Mountainlite. This tent weigs in at 2.2 kg fully packed, comes with aluminium poles , 240 cm long and 95 cm high at it's high point . The Floor has a 5000 mm water column and the flysheet 2000 mm. I would say this is a 3 season tent for South African Conditions. Takes about 3 mins to pitch with a little practice. This tent can accomodate two people but you will have to store your gear in the two vestibules on either side . Tent has an entrance on either side.
Tent is in excellent condition , nothing missing - Asking R800,00. Condition 8/10.

The tent i use when my wife comes along is the Vaude Ferrett 1 . This is a tunnel tent designed for 3 seasons in Europe. I would say that this is a 4 season tent for South Africa. The groundsheet has a 10,000 mm water column ( the highest hh rating possible ) and the flysheet is 5000 mm. Also comes with aluminium poles . This tent has a side as well as front entrance , very nice ventilation , big vestibule for packing your stuff out of the rain. Tent is 90 cm high inside and weighs 3.1 kg fully packed.  I think this tent is perhaps overkill for our conditions but rather sleep dry than wet. Asking R 2600,00 - as new condition.

Both tents are cleaned by myself after trips and stored in a dry place so no rot or fungus anywhere .
Not unhappy with either tent, just saw an MSR in action and decided this is what i want.

Please PM me if interested , photos attached

Attachments

• Vaude Ferrett 63.jpg
    Vaude Ferrett 63.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Mountain Lite 79.jpg
    Mountain Lite 79.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 328