The cornering thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
I have in the last while.. after reading the numerous posts on pushing the envelope and pictures of klrs cornering...been trying to figure out the most comfortable way to corner.

There are two ways of doing it...difficult to explain

1) Lean forward, keep your upper body perpendicular to the road, into a lefthand corner your left arm is almost straight and your right arm is bent and your hand is close to your body. This is alot like the Motard racers corner...obviously without the sliding rear (im not quite there yet..)

2) Remain in the same position going around the corner as when riding in a straight line. Leaning your upper body slightly towards the handlebars.
(this is like the superbike riders do it... but keeping your ass on the seat and not leaning off it.)

Personally it feels heluva comfortable cornering as explained in no 2...One can lean the bike ofer more (it feels) and it does not feel like u're gonna fall over (being top-heavy).

This is obviously for tarmac riding... and not dirt.. as this is a completely different ballgame.

Any thoughts.. am i moving towards the correct cornering technique or do i have it arse side up?

200 posts woohoo.. i thought ill make it something with substance. and a smilie :D