The fishing trip that became a Canal ride 2008-06-29

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I read about these canal routes, the more I am aching to go and ride them. 

Looks like all had great fun and I am hoping to join and meet some of you guys on a canal ride in the near furure.

Nice report.

Also missing the canals. Two years since last I rode there.

Lekker action pics there! :cool:

JJred said:
. . . . .  the more I am aching to go and ride them. 

I hate to see a fellow-dog in pain

Either we are going to have to fix that ache, or I am afraid we are going to have to send you to the big SPCA in the sky.  :'(

An idea for a future ride. West canal and loop back over the Magaliesberg.

Any support ? Let me know and we can start scheming and make a planning thread.

Anyone ridden the red bits ? Look okay on mapsource and Google Earth.

Attachments

• CalalWestBreedts.jpg
    CalalWestBreedts.jpg
    55.2 KB
GundaGunda said:
JJred said:

Either we are going to have to fix that ache, or I am afraid we are going to have to send you to the big SPCA in the sky.   :'(

I'm in if its on the 12th......please.....the 12th.

TravelGravel said:
Now .... Malgat for the West Canal trip, what kinda skill levels you require? Look I had a helluva lot of fun on Sunday, but I'd like to avoid the riding in where the Hell's Angels fear to tread. Also if we can keep it to a Saterday so we can recoup on Sunday .....

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :pot:

hey,,,rest assured your skills are more than adequote,,,,,

also remember the difficultness of a ride is directly related to the speed you do it with,,,the slower the easier and vice versa

ja,,,makes no difference what day we do it,,,i go with the crowd,,,democracy rules

malgat said:
TravelGravel said:
Now .... Malgat for the West Canal trip, what kinda skill levels you require? Look I had a helluva lot of fun on Sunday, but I'd like to avoid the riding in where the Hell's Angels fear to tread. Also if we can keep it to a Saterday so we can recoup on Sunday .....

also remember the difficultness of a ride is directly related to the speed you do it with,,,the slower the easier and vice versa

ja,,,makes no difference what day we do it,,,i go with the crowd,,,democracy rules

I concur. If you see malgat and Gunda involved then you can be sure that there will not be a hell-for-leather race-type ride. Malgat enjoys a bit of speed occasionally. I am not stressed at all by slower riders - I am not that fast anyway.
If people get grumpy that the pace is too slow we just send'em ahead.

Staalburger said:
GundaGunda said:
JJred said:

Either we are going to have to fix that ache, or I am afraid we are going to have to send you to the big SPCA in the sky.   :'(

I'm in if its on the 12th......please.....the 12th.

The 12th is the date of the Skills Challenge organized by Ryperd. Even if I dont wanna do the challenge I wanted to go eyeball.

GundaGunda said:
malgat said:
TravelGravel said:

I concur. If you see malgat and Gunda involved then you can be sure that there will not be a hell-for-leather race-type ride. Malgat enjoys a bit of speed occasionally. I am not stressed at all by slower riders - I am not that fast anyway.
If people get grumpy that the pace is too slow we just send'em ahead.

Great. Looks as if I am in there - will not need to much force to get Just Biking there as well. Now about that date ....  ;D