The Katberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dustdevil said:
Lekker, lekker, wens ek was daar! en ook lekker fotos. My two favorite bikes, but I guess thats why I ride HPN, it marries the best of both into one.
Big Dom if you want to post pics here of that bike a yours, you should first remove that damn screen and don't come with that wind making me tired bullshit, if you are big enough to ride an HP2 you should be big enough to ride without a screen. Or else get a RT with heated grips.
A naked bike is the ultimate freedom, one with big screen is only half a freedom!!!

:laughing4:  I consider the screen a winter screen and am working on another shorty one for summer.  If you are so into naked bikes then either ride plastics or skommy pocket rockets ... maybe you should go tell the Paris Dakar guys they are not "big enough' for their scoots too??! :ricky:

Oh and forgot to say - the Heidi K60 150/17 (test tyre) performed very well in the snotty stuff.
I was most impressed.

Eish...  :eek:

Care to share the GPX that you surely MUST have recorded ... especially that whatsisname old pass.. puhleeez..

BiG DoM said:
Dustdevil said:
Lekker, lekker, wens ek was daar! en ook lekker fotos. My two favorite bikes, but I guess thats why I ride HPN, it marries the best of both into one.
Big Dom if you want to post pics here of that bike a yours, you should first remove that damn screen and don't come with that wind making me tired bullshit, if you are big enough to ride an HP2 you should be big enough to ride without a screen. Or else get a RT with heated grips.
A naked bike is the ultimate freedom, one with big screen is only half a freedom!!!

:laughing4:  I consider the screen a winter screen and am working on another shorty one for summer.  If you are so into naked bikes then either ride plastics or skommy pocket rockets ... maybe you should go tell the Paris Dakar guys they are not "big enough' for their scoots too??! :ricky:

Winter screen my ass, it makes your bike look ugly...
StandingLower-pegs.jpg

Oh, maybe I should mention that everyone that know me and have some type of large after market screen fitted to their GS will get ripped of by me, not literally only verbally.
I just don't understand why guys would spoil the smooth flowing air over their helmet with the rotor and buffeting coming of a screen.

Must say,the screen on my SE works really well on the slab - comfortable at 150/160! Also unbolts in 2 mins!

Dustdevil said:

Oh, maybe I should mention that everyone that know me and have some type of large after market screen fitted to their GS will get ripped of by me, not literally only verbally.
I just don't understand why guys would spoil the smooth flowing air over their helmet with the rotor and buffeting coming of a screen.

Intolerant d-heads like you should not be riding GS's IMHO! You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am ... you are also entitled to ride your airhead scoot without a screen, without a helmet, or in fact without fooking clothes if you want to! Just do not lay your dogmatic trip on me.  :imaposer: Virtually everyone who has seen my adventurised HP has only had complimentary things to say about it. But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Essentially I took the best screen available (no buffeting here) and adapted it as a touring screen on my HP2 - it can be easily removed in a matter of minutes if need be for very technical riding etc but really comes into its own when getting to/from the technical stuff cruising at 160+ (eg to Lesotho etc) ... Funny thing is HPN have been developing a screen for the HP2  :3some:

Dustdevil said:

Nevermind a screen, wait till you ride a bike with drum brakes and you weigh 123kg's, now thats freeeeeedoooooom!!! :eek:

Anyway nice RR  :thumleft:

Nice doods :thumleft:

Just love those bikes.  Sometimes I just think that if bikes could talk they would have laughed their asses off at their owner's brand bashing antics - the HP & SE look like really good mates, like their owners :ricky:

[/quote]

StandingLower-pegs.jpg

[/quote]

Oh I see now - no need for a screen as have onboard airbag for protection  :pot: :ricky:

Nice one greyhond twins,new gravel always welcome in a RR :thumleft: :thumleft:
Big screens are great especially for next mornings breakfast,scrape off and smear on toast with a black coffee.Manly men stuff. :drif:
:imaposer:

Great photos and nice area to ride. Looks like you okes had a screen - I mean scream. :dousing: