The Return of the Dominator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
So after being kindly rescued by Garfield last weekend, and a couple of days spent with Tim, the Dommie was ready for another trip and I was rearing to go.

Monkeyboy and I got up early on Saturday morning and headed off towards Grootvadersbosch Reserve.

First stop was Greyton for a warming cup of coffee. Apparently people in Greyton like the GS ... Why doesn't anyone want to do a photoshoot with the Dommie?!

2_zpsaf90a15b.jpg

We found a couple of back roads to explore on the way to Swellendam. I even started to enjoy the mud!

3_zps4c41f1e6.jpg

Then the road to Grootvadersbosch.

4_zps7606ac82.jpg

We got to our "camp site" only to discover that due to 2 people showing up on Harleys, which apparently can't do dirt roads  :imaposer: we managed to get upgraded to an almost luxury cottage, which even had a garage to house all the bikes! Is this why people buy Harleys?

6_zps47eca944.jpg

So up early on Sunday morning, and 5 of us headed off to explore the gorgeous countryside. My favourite part was not being the newbie for once!  :imaposer: Poor monkeyboy got to sweep. I don't think that he was that impressed ...

7_zps2a25ee7c.jpg

Monkeyboy taking a break

8_zps7a4aa4a6.jpg

9_zps97ea7b2d.jpg

Derelict building which became my bathroom. Man I hate being a girl, sometimes.

12_zps91bcf6cb.jpg

I convinced monkeyboy that I wouldn't fall off on these roads, so he zoomed off around 150km with a huge grin on his face

13_zps1558f5a2.jpg

I even tackled some mud!

14_zpsa1b93541.jpg

And survived a water crossing!

15_zps8f5d6a0e.jpg

Sunday was an epic ride home. Somehow we missed the turnoff to Greyton, and ended up in Robertson. So I raced off to my favourite wine farm to grab a couple of bottles. The winemaker gave us the rest of the bottle that he opened for us to taste to take to lunch, so an awesome lunch was had by the 2 of us.

16_zps67fff3bd.jpg

He directed us to some fantastic back gravel roads, but unfortunately we were thwarted by the Breede River and unable to do the entire route.

The Dommie said no.

17_zpsad968ebb.jpg

All in all another fantastic weekend adventure.

Hee hee, thanks  :lol8:

I was actually slightly bleak yesterday when I realised that the roads had dried out!

I'm glad your Dommie is up and running again! 

Nice to see you are having such a blast on your bike.  You go girl!  :thumleft:

Dusty Rusty said:

Nice to see you are having such a blast on your bike.  You go girl!   :thumleft:

:ricky: Thanks! I want to go and explore those roads near Riebeek Kasteel that you mentioned!

MissM said:
Dusty Rusty said:

Nice to see you are having such a blast on your bike.  You go girl!   :thumleft:

:ricky: Thanks! I want to go and explore those roads near Riebeek Kasteel that you mentioned!

You will not be dissapointed.  Keep your eyes open for the  crop sprayer aircrafts next to the road.  Me again woud love to go and explore your RR route!    

Dusty Rusty said:
MissM said:
Dusty Rusty said:

Nice to see you are having such a blast on your bike.  You go girl!   :thumleft:

You will not be dissapointed.  Keep your eyes open for the light crop sprayer aircrafts next to the road.  Me again woud love to go and explore your RR route!   

Me too, actually. A farmer offered to let us ride on his land as he said that it was a 4x4 rated type of trail, but we didn't have the time. Next time for sure!

:drif: :drif: :drif:

For me  that is the best, to explore little trail roads.  Sooooo if you know of any farmer who needs someone to check their fencing for them on weekends ....  >:D :mwink:

Me too!

I'll let you know if we head back out that way, again. Next trip planned is beginning of November, but to Sutherland I think.

Great area with really nice roads to ride.  Good to see the Dommie up and running.  Thanks for the RR.

MissM I saw your bike and a 800GS yesterday in the main road at the restaurant in Robertson?

Trailrider said:
MissM I saw your bike and a 800GS yesterday in the main road at the restaurant in Robertson?

Yup, that was monkeyboy and myself.  :peepwall:

Mooi fotos en RR maar waar is n mooi foto of twee van die "dommie" :mwink:

subie said:
Mooi fotos en RR maar waar is n mooi foto of twee van die "dommie" :mwink:

The Dommie is a little bit fragile at present. The ferring needs to be fixed as the fibreglass hasn't been holding so well on the bumpy rocky roads I have been exploring, so this month it is getting fixed, and then a "new paint job" and name will be displayed  :pot:

Watch this space!  :imaposer: