The sea is green..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Early this morning Andy660, Bradleys, KTMBigger & myself hooked up for a chilly gathering below Sir Lowrys Pass at the Shell garage. The idea was to scout around the Caledon environs & check out some old tracks & some new.
KTMBigger was taking it easy on his spanking 990R :drif:

All around us was a rolling sea of young green wheat fields sparkling with early morning dew. Combined with the aroma of mud, dust & silence  made for a heady & intoxicating experience.

Only to be shattered by Acropovics >:D We had everything...riverlets across the roads, a little mud, gravel, rocks & just plain old dirt roads :thumleft:

Andy took us to a new camping spot on a farm where we checked out the new cottages, heated pool, ablutions, washup scullery & camping areas.................and a lekker short Enduro Track >:D
Eish...getting over the small river proved quite difficult & everyone needed a hand. The banks were like snot ;D We cruised the track & it got the thumbs up :thumleft:
What a nice place to teach your kids!

After all that we pulled into Strand & Durtseekers pub where we downed a few beers then hit the road home ;D

Pics etc to follow by the other guys :thumleft:
I am complete

Pics, pics, who's got the pics??

My bike must get fixed !!!!

Leftless

Sir Lowrys Pass at the Shell garage.  And yes it was freeking cold.
meet1.jpg

meet2q.jpg

The idea was to scout around the Caledon environs & check out some old tracks & some new. But old faithful Andy always has something up his sleeve and out came the hand written map. :thumleft: Off we went following the drawings.
KTMBigger was taking it easy on his spanking 990R :drif: yes you are 100% getting the feel of this new beast.
meet3.jpg

road6.jpg

All around us was a rolling sea of young green wheat fields sparkling with early morning dew. Combined with the aroma of mud, dust & silence  made for a heady & intoxicating experience. Just after Sir lowtys pass the temp dropped from  10 deg C down to 4.6 degC. Shit it was cold. Heated grips would have been nice here.
road1g.jpg

road2d.jpg

mmmmmm, some watering going on or is he trying to warm his hands up.....
road5.jpg

Only to be shattered by Acropovics >:D We had everything...riverlets across the roads, a little mud, gravel, rocks & just plain old dirt roads :thumleft:

Andy took us to a new camping spot on a farm where we checked out the new cottages, heated pool, ablutions, washup scullery & camping areas.................and a lekker short Enduro Track >:D
location1.jpg

location2.jpg

Cool ride, that 990 is :drif: Andy, that XT needs a TKC at the rear man ;)

We did the Highlands Road down to the Kleinmond turn off and then a LH for 5kms and then RH.
Although I have Garmaps , unfortunately , I dont have a Garmin yet , So I make shorts notes and use my odo trip meter.

There are advantages of not having one , you take the wrong turn and do some awsome rugged roads,
Just keep smilling , and all think they are on the right track.

ABCD0003.jpg

The Campsite is brand new and is not completed yet.
It belongs to the farmer Wessel www.vloedbos.co.za.

ABCD0002.jpg

He has made a stunning job of the buildings , tilled and modern,

ABCD0001.jpg

ABCD0016.jpg

ABCD0015.jpg

With the help of an Enduro rider(Daryl) , he has started a short enduro track , but is still busy mapping all the farm roads in area.

In the camping terrain , there is a small under cover , heated pool, 36 Degrees.There is also swings and a trampoline for the kids.

ABCD0018.jpg

ABCD0017.jpg

ABCD0013.jpg

This farm has the makings of a small bash :mwink: We just need to do a proper recce of the area & link up as many roads as possible for Outrides :)

Thanks Pistonpete, nice facility and beautiful area.

Must agree, that new 990 looks stunning!