The slower Maraisburg ride :P (5 Jan '12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamgigglz

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Thanks again for a great ride. Ninjaguy, sorry you just missed us; was painful reading your Saturday morning posts. Next time  :thumleft:

A few snaps from my helmet. Working on the video.
First time I've taken this camera on a "proper" ride, so please excuse the utter randomness of it all...

Getting to the dunes (best part of the ride if you ask me)

002-1_zps598f0dfb.jpg

003-1_zps215fe39e.jpg

004-1_zps84452e91.jpg

At the dunes

Dwerg?
006_zpsa2c0e66b.jpg

005-1_zps3126a2b3.jpg

008_zps72fe55a1.jpg

010_zps5fd56331.jpg

011_zps1741f78b.jpg

Um...erm...yeah, let's turn around...

012_zpse2f738fc.jpg

013_zps9779459a.jpg

And one final "let's get seriously stuck in the mud"

014_zps360911a3.jpg

Nice pics. That 2nd last one looks quite intimidating - I can see why you all shook your heads

I also like that first part of the ride. There's so many tracks there, even though you can't see them - we just took one that was at ground level

Bring a plastic sometime and we can climb all those dunes, from the beginning.

The mid-size DS bikes can get up and down most hills but often get stuck in the narrow ruts/cutouts

iamgigglz said:
Thanks again for a great ride. Ninjaguy, sorry you just missed us; was painful reading your Saturday morning posts. Next time  :thumleft:

A few snaps from my helmet. Working on the video.
First time I've taken this camera on a "proper" ride, so please excuse the utter randomness of it all...

Getting to the dunes (best part of the ride if you ask me)

002-1_zps598f0dfb.jpg

003-1_zps215fe39e.jpg

004-1_zps84452e91.jpg

At the dunes

Dwerg?
006_zpsa2c0e66b.jpg

005-1_zps3126a2b3.jpg

008_zps72fe55a1.jpg

010_zps5fd56331.jpg

011_zps1741f78b.jpg

Um...erm...yeah, let's turn around...

012_zpse2f738fc.jpg

013_zps9779459a.jpg

And one final "let's get seriously stuck in the mud"

014_zps360911a3.jpg

Looks like you guys had an awesome time, next time will not be late, spoke to two guys on plastic ktms who told me you guys had left but were stopping at at Uncle Harry's....so headed out there to join you guys for the return ride...saw them again at Uncle Harry's and they reckoned you guys would be a long while so hightailed it home and did family stuff.

Looks like I missed a fun ride though.

There will be more, ninjaguy. Everyone was eager and had their helmets on and bike's started at 7 so I figured we'd better go.

spoke to the same guys on plastics who said they'd bumped into you - but there was no ways we'd make it to harrys in a hurry

We, who were left, got back to the garage at 3pm - an 8 hour round trip

Cracker.... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HAD THE RIDE OF MY LIFE!!!  :thumleft:

Please go and view some of the video clips of Spietkop on the BMW Club of Pretoria forum...

https://www.bmwclubs.co.za/forum/22-other-trip-reports/21988-maraisburg-050113-spietkop-alwyn-wessa-a-stry

I came back minus a Screen, but if the next one is just as fun, will pay with another screen with a smile!!!  :peepwall:

H we've met and no that's not me. The guy with the hanging head and dropped bike is however a look that I sport often :lol8:

Hope I can join the next one again  :thumleft:

Dwerg said:
H we've met and no that's not me. The guy with the hanging head and dropped bike is however a look that I sport often :lol8:

:lol8:
I was wondering - the dude looked so much like you. That Dullstoom ride was a long time ago...

alwyn_gs said:
Cracker.... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HAD THE RIDE OF MY LIFE!!!  :thumleft:

Please go and view some of the video clips of Spietkop on the BMW Club of Pretoria forum...

https://www.bmwclubs.co.za/forum/22-other-trip-reports/21988-maraisburg-050113-spietkop-alwyn-wessa-a-stry

I came back minus a Screen, but if the next one is just as fun, will pay with another screen with a smile!!!  :peepwall:

i'm really glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, was good watching you charge around on those giant bikes

Saw the vids at bmwclubs - you think we'll get more 'volunteers' the next time?

Yep, riding with screens is a no-no - ask brandt!

iamgigglz said:
Dwerg said:

:lol8:
I was wondering - the dude looked so much like you. That Dullstoom ride was a long time ago...

The guy is Wesley. . .

Cracker said:
Saw the vids at bmwclubs - you think we'll get more 'volunteers' the next time?
You will be surprised sir. . . .

Dwerg said:

I heard the guy in the picture is Dwerg's stunt double!  >:D

Busy klapping the Gym Boet. :naka:

Preparing for the next one.

Thanks for a great ride - Crackers makes it happen.

At long last, my video. Check it out before Youtube removes the music.
No decent footage of the dunes themselves unfortunately, but it gives a good overview of the day's riding.
Make sure you've got sound, especially at the 16 minute mark.  ;D
Also, rather watch it on Youtube; much better quality.

[flash=700,430]https://www.youtube.com/v/IbhhkstjbkE[/flash]