There is a Hooligan in Germiston - Saturday 13th Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cave Girl

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I was not going to post a ride report cause I was having to much fun to take photos and didnâ??t want to be taken to task because â??this thread is useless without picturesâ?  so made an effort and took a few with my cell phone so excuse the quality etc etc.

First let me say Thanks Blazes for giving George my number â?? you should have told me he was a hooligan on the dirt though ;-)

Arrangements were made yesterday to meet at 8am SHARP! And George would plan a nice easy â?? dirt highway type ride through to vaal Dam.

At 6.23am I was woken to a ringing phone â?? Are you still keen to ride?  â?? Of course I am, see you at 8.  Got up took one look out the window and phoned him back â?? Mmmm not sure itâ??s a great idea â?? you have several broken ribs and I canâ??t pick up my own bike and with all the rain there are bound to be lurking mud monsters all over the place.

So we decided to change plans and meet in Germiston to pick up his road bike and do a mellow tar trip out to Vaal.

By the time I arrived at the shop at 7.45am the sun was out and there was no way I was keen to stick to tar, so George took his 230 Honda â?? I want one!!!  And off we set on tar to the Alberton/Alrode/Walkerville area â?? please donâ??t ask me what route we took â?? at one stage we were close to the N3 near Heidelburg then back to Blockhouse for breakfast where George decided I could ride a lot better than I was admitting ........ so after breakfast the real fun started with him taking me along the railway line to I donâ??t really know a few roads we had to turn back and one place he insisted on taking my bike through for me â?? but on the way back insisted I did it myself â?? He kept moaning at me to KEEP YOU BLOODY FEET ON THE PEGS and after a while it became easier and easier and I was no longer  looking for a way round the puddle but looking for a line through the puddle â?? I have never been so wet or so happy â?? WHAT a jol â?? it just ended to soon!!!!  With me falling over when I came to a stop to quickly on a very muddy patch and the front wheel not being straight and my legs being too short â?? think I was getting to windGat.

The day defiantly ended to quickly!!!!

Some pic in no particular order and sorry there arenâ??t more or that I canâ??t give you a track etc but promise next time George offers to take me for a ride in his back yard I will persuade him to let me invite you.

I am now really looking forward to heading off to Hogsback on the 23rd and very confident that my bike can do a lot more than I thought it could â?? I am sure a lot had to do with the new off road tyres but whatever my self esteem is sky high at the moment. And I am a very happy biker totally in love with my TA.

Attachments

• Ride Sat 13th Dec 001.jpg
    Ride Sat 13th Dec 001.jpg
    22.9 KB
  • Ride Sat 13th Dec 004.jpg
    Ride Sat 13th Dec 004.jpg
    34.7 KB
  • Ride Sat 13th Dec 005.jpg
    Ride Sat 13th Dec 005.jpg
    35.8 KB
  • Ride Sat 13th Dec 006.jpg
    Ride Sat 13th Dec 006.jpg
    29.2 KB
  • Ride Sat 13th Dec 009.jpg
    Ride Sat 13th Dec 009.jpg
    31.6 KB
I am just glad I finally found someone other than Blazes to ride with and can now finally get some experiance on the dirt ;D

Nice story,

I'm also in love with my TA, especially after some plastic surgery that made her an even better off road bike and looking mean! >:D
So add crash bars, swap the plastic bash plate with an aluminium one, put proper wrap around hand guards on, knobblies of course, handle bar raisers, Leo Vince and chop that ugly catalyst box off and there she goes! :ricky:

. . . there are still things to be done! ;D

Enjoy your trip to Hogsback, gonna go past there as well on my 2 weeks trip around!

Cheers Gary

Getting her bash plate on Friday  :D

M would love to be on you "private" mailing list but I don't ride nearly as well as Misty or by the looks of it Dakota  :(

I recon you'd be fine... anyway, it's the way we do it that counts... lots of stops, especially for the last rider reaching the stop... that way no-one gets too tired and we don't have those exhaustion falls!  Also, lots of help with more techincal stuff... how to ride it and stuff... I don't want D to have any backward steps, just building on a solid foundation all the time...

And we have fun!  :thumleft:

Nice " S " Glad to have been able to set you up with George( broken ribs and all.) Broke them as i  expect he has told you ??? Not even on a bike or bicycle ::) Nice guy and at 65 plus can still ride :thumleft: I agree get a 230 and get rid of that KLE. Then you can start enjoying the dirt more and do some technical stuff :mwink:

Who ever said Old Guys can't ride...

They are normally the ones that casually take off into the distance...  I hope I get there eventually one day too... the causal part... I know the old part will be realised!  ::)

Malibu said:
Who ever said Old Guys can't ride...

They are normally the ones that casually take off into the distance...  I hope I get there eventually one day too... the causal part... I know the old part will be realised!   ::)
My Wife ::) She said ALL i Want to do is RACE. :mwink:

Malibu said:
:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

As if.... I know there were times when you actually rode a bit slower and enjoyed the scenery...

Anyway - you don't qualify for OLD yet! 
Thank's Malibu-- :thumleft: Your cheque is in the post ::) When i tell my Wife i can still get it Up :mwink: She Replies i am NOT talking about the Front Wheel ???

Malibu said:
:imaposer:

You nanna! 

From what I understand, your wife is a very happy lady...  :mwink:
As i said ---your cheque is in the post ::)

Any of you's passing through Qtn on the way to Hogsback, pop in for a beer....

oh ate free too ssix naain faaiv oh six free.

Hey CG nice ride..... :biggrin: :biggrin:and you guys got all the wet weather that we had.....makes for interesting riding.... :biggrin:

Stay on the dirt its a whole lot more FUN and rewarding.... ;)

Its always GRT to have guys to ride with and learn from...... :)

blazes said:
When i tell my Wife i can still get it Up :mwink: She Replies i am NOT talking about the Front Wheel ???

:laughing4: Best quote I have read all year.....  :laughing4: :imaposer:

blazes said:
Nice " S " Glad to have been able to set you up with George( broken ribs and all.) Broke them as i  expect he has told you ??? Not even on a bike or bicycle ::) Nice guy and at 65 plus can still ride :thumleft: I agree get a 230 and get rid of that KLE. Then you can start enjoying the dirt more and do some technical stuff :mwink:

Just out of interest is this George the Greek who runs mean machine cycles in Germiston :eek7: