Thumbs up for Chris and Team

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnivore

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
PE to Cape Town on Friday night, after work. Long story short - Saturday, I needed a new front tyre. Mitas E10 trashed (another story elsewhere, perhaps..)
Flying Brick  do have a Heidi K60 at a competitive price. Lekker. Put is one side for me please, ekkis oppad.

Go around to the shop. "Yup, here it is, as you requested.. er... no, we dpn't fit tyres ourselves..." Damn, I don't mind fitting tyres in the bush, but heck, it's cold and raining and I am gatvol.

So I go around as directed to TracMac. Quite pricey, but OK, let's do it. Nice okes in the workshop, one is in training, but he works well and accurately. Tyre on (the right way round..) and balanced, on it goes. I help the appie to enter the discs into the calipers, which is always a bit of a challenge.

3 PINCH BOLTS ARE MISSING from the front axle! How the hell do I lose 3 bolts? They do not just fall out. The tyre was fitted 5700km ago, and by Mr Reputable himself.  Nope, some asswipe removed those bolts from my bike recently, and I did not notice.

Anyway, back to Flying Brick, to browse the shop, as was my desire and intention all along. Told Chris my tale of woe, and he promptly organised his guys to scratch through some well-organised trays of various bolts and nuts, and fitted 3 torx bolts of the correct length, with a touch of Loctite Blue, and torqued down evenly.

Now, it's the little things... right?

Right.

Thank you, Chris, Jan , Werner... See you next time.