To trackday or not to trackday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great writing FREAK !

How's Cherry Bomb since I put the new zorsts on for you ?

I smaak track days stukkend - nothing like scaring the kak out of yourself and coming out the other end alive - makes you really appreciate how fast our national boys are at 1 min 13 per lap - best I could do on the ZX636 was 1 min 35 including klapping 262 down the back straight

Thinking of getting a F800 and giving it a go in the F800 Cup series - must be the most awesome comfortable punchy torquey little bike I have ever ridden

Halfway into an already fast second lap it is immediately evident that this is pretty much what one could call a freeride session.

Everybody has got their heads down, they know what they are doing and what they seek to achieve, to better their riding abilities ,to at times move out of the comfort zone and into the realm of what if?

Nobody is trying to impress anyone else, the riding is fast but not reckless, you are aware of the other guys around you and ride with their safety in mind. In the space of a few laps I pass and get passed several times.

I am learning lots and quickly to and on top of it I am having a blast!

Attachments

• 20081213 Killarney Trackday 058.jpg
    20081213 Killarney Trackday 058.jpg
    112.3 KB
I was hoping you'll post again.
Keep it Coming!!
That is a very nice bike BTW. Would not mind one myself.

Would any of the WDs in Cape Town & sorrounds be interested in doing a DS only trackday?

Stev0 said:
Bus said:

excluding motards >:D bus

Haha!!! Busted...

No worries, will be there with the knobblies...

Cant wait!!!

Kamaan guys, there are very few things that teach you more about road riding than a trackday...

You dont need to go fast, it just gives you more confidence in reading & riding corners in a controlled environment...

But Im sure Freak will be able to tell you more...

freakonaleashh said:
Would any of the WDs in Cape Town & sorrounds be interested in doing a DS only trackday?

What is the cost involved? Never been to anything like this before, but would like go give it a try. Been to Killarney plenty of times though, but was sitting on the spectators side of the fence!

I have never done one and would be keen.

I have a set of scorpions that I thought I would have to give away someday that might come in handy.

The monthly Suzuki South trackdays are R300/person, so cant see this being any more...

Ok looks like it may be worth having a go.

Let me just make a few things clear,
1) Apparently the track is pretty booked up for the year so the first problem is getting an opening, I will start with this tomorrow.
2) This is not a money making exercise, there is no profit in it for me or Biketique, in fact we have never run a trackday that we havent paid in money.
3) Except for having to hire the track there is also medics and marshalls involved etc etc, its not as simple as it seems, its no ones problem to organise the logistics but mine but please keep it in the back of your mind.
4) At the track the marshalls rule ! their word is law, if you dont like this dont come.
5) You cannot run knobblies on a trackday.

We would need to get 30 - 40 riders together to make it work.

Its way fun !!!! I will try move with this as speedily as possible.

lets book the mx track instead ...  :laughing4:

or even the go cart track....

Latest posts