Today I had a massive fall !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plothond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Hiya all

This is more of a note to say thanks to my friends.
AdventureMX, for the help in repairing my bike on the trail and the help
To Jaghond and AMX for spending the last 5 hours at the hospital
To Funacide for coming to the hospital and both him and Poppipants for the calls and SMS's

It really so heart warming to know that people care and are concerned

So what happened:

Well we went on our workout to Kwamhlangu.
Now we all know De-Wildt and in places Dewildt is a rough as KM. The difference is that KM is one big opf%^&k from start to end.
If you want to get fit and build skills - then this is the place to ride. The risk you run is that this place will destroy you if you are not carefull.
Today was my turn.
Lesson no 1 - If you are tired and buggered - cut your ride short. Do not try to outsmart your body.

Negotiating a very steep rocky uphill, I had to go around a 90 degree corner. The theory was there. The skill lacked. I popped the clutch to lift the front wheel so that I could swing it around. Unfortunately I lost my balance and fell over backwards - with the bike following.

I fell about 8m with the last 4 or 5m down a vertical rock face. The bike landed on top of me and the wedged itself into a tree. The exhaust cage cut into the trunk.

Initially the back pain was the worst and then my kidneys. I took a handfull of pain tablets as there was no other way but to ride out of there.

The bikes radiator was crushed and broke the CDI wires. Well done to AMX for finding the fault and fixing it

Initial xrays showed a fractured L1 vertebrae and kindney damage was suspected.
Thankfully the CT scan showed no serious damage apart from severe bruising in the kidney area and my right arm.

I think I will avoid that section next time  ;D

Attachments

• Kwamhlanga 13 Apr09017 (Medium).JPG
    Kwamhlanga 13 Apr09017 (Medium).JPG
    170.2 KB
  • Kwamhlanga 13 Apr09018 (Medium).JPG
    Kwamhlanga 13 Apr09018 (Medium).JPG
    147.6 KB
  • Kwamhlanga 13 Apr09019 (Medium).JPG
    Kwamhlanga 13 Apr09019 (Medium).JPG
    134 KB
Goeie genugtig!  Ek is bly jy leef darem!  Sterkte!

Glad you are relatively OK! :thumleft:

Take it easy and heal well. 8)

Well done to the rest for sorting out a stray dog. :biggrin: :biggrin: 8)

Bl!ksemmmmm Plottie!!!

Glad you came out of that one with as little damage as you did. It could have been a lot more serious looking at those pics.

Strongs, and mend well.

Sorry man, wish you a full and speedy recovery.  Twisting the throttle will not always solve the problem but it will end the ordeal.... ;)

Heal well and soon Plotties  :biggrin:

Big up for the guys that stayed behind to help and look after you. I see a couple cases of Jameson's being dished out soon  >:D >:D

Eina bl!ksem!!

Altyd scary as n ou jou rug seermaak.

Hoop jy is bineekort weer gesond.

O, en as jy wil fiks word, doen MX, dis baie veiliger as in die bosse ry!!

Eish, take it easy, you don't want to risk an injury that will affect your trip next month...

Latest posts