Today I had a massive fall !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agge nooooo,,,,,now thats final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all ktm's should come with a health warning,,,

but ive spoken to medical experts and they suggest you hang upside down from a crane over a construction site for the back...

and for the kidneys,,,wash and rinse continiously with jameson...

get well dude,,,and the guys that helped i owe you

that was a bad fall :eek:  sorry 2 hear, heal up well Plottie ;)

Donner Plottie hoop daai nier word gou gesond en vat dit maar rustig ou perd! Soos jy sé as jy fubar is gaat le onder 'n boom tot jy beter voel en meer energie het  :thumleft:

Glad you're ok L - how is the riding/training getting along before the accident?  How long are you goint to be out?

H

Vaderland maar dit was 'n harde val!  Hope you get better soon!

KiLRoy said:
Glad you're ok L - how is the riding/training getting along before the accident?  How long are you goint to be out?

H

Actually going relatively well - had some hard rides at De Wildt recently
I will be missing the next EWXC as I will be away, but I'd like to do better in the following one and the only way is practice, practice practice.

Saddle time is the only way !! ;D

Eish Plothond - kon maklike BAIE ernstig gewees het!  ::) Bly jy's darem (relatief) ok!  :thumleft:

Groetnis

Geez, the damage to you and the bike could have been even worse considering that was a huge "off" - get better soon.

Plothond said:
KiLRoy said:

H

Saddle time is the only way !! ;D

Glad you survived  :thumleft:

As discussed at the last EWXC, I now have a whole clump of trials bikes in my garage (and the lounge, & study...) so give me a shout if you want to do some slow speed playing, saddles are over rated anyway..

Plottie, jy begin so raak raak aan Lito se luck, een of ander dag gaan dit veiliger vir jou wees om eerder net te loop of te draf.  :biggrin:

That looks a donderse harde fall.

Get well soon !!!

Hi Plottie.

Sorry to hear about your big off... I hope you mend well.

By the way, I understand the concept of the big off, but I rather think that in your case it was a big down, in fact a long way down (and that without Ewan or Charlie). So much for the powerslide king.

Regards

Jislaaik ou, laat hy val waar hy wil, with a new meaning.  :thumleft:
Heal well!

Glad everything turned out OK, Plottie.  :thumleft:

This terrain is very difficult and you need all your experience to negotiate it.  This terrain has all the makings for training and getting ready for the roof.  Crawling up ravines with banks at 75 degree angles.  The riverbeds are ultra rocky and very slippery when they are wet.  Plenty of off camber riding especially down mountain paths.  Some of the paths are so steep that you lock up on your rear wheel and slide down using your front brake to slow you down.

Throttle control is the order of the day.  If you do not have a good feel for throttle control then this is not the place to ride.  To much and you loose control, to little, you loose your balance!
This is the place to train. It is not about speed but balance and co-ordination.  It is about reading the terrain and identifying a route which is possible to ride.  Basically it boils down to making a choice and acting on it.  Very often there is no time to second guess and once you have committed you must carry it through.

As Plottie has quite rightly said,
When you are tired, call it a day!  Don't try and fool yourself when you are tired as this is when you make mistakes.  Rather bring your ride to an end and call it a day.  There is nothing better then being able to go back again and build on the experience.  You will win - it's called determination and perserverance.

I will go back again and again till the fear has subsided into confidence and experience.............

Latest posts