Tracking device

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biza

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
After our bikes were stolen recently and looked into installing a tracking device, had a few recommendations etc.
I decided I want to track myself and found this unit . . . .

I have installed the Tramigo T22 (www.tramigo.com)
Their contact in SA is Mike Cox (also a biker).
Feedback on the unit - Impressive
I didn't cut wires to connect to my ignition (BMW Warranty issue). The unit comes with a battery but you also connect straight to the bike battery. All you need is a SIM Card, loaded with an SMS bundle. It works with GSM and GPS signal, feedback is almost 'Realtime', a few seconds after your sms command you get feedback.

It as a 'Stationery' alarm, even if parked in my garage (with no GPS signal) it is armed. I took the bike off the main stand and immediately received an sms.
It not only give you co-ordinates, but also landmarks. On receiving the sms you access for example google maps and it will show you exactly where the unit is. Whilst riding, it shows on the map the whereabouts as well as on your notification the speed you travel.
To me, the benefit is that you can monitor/track your bike in real time and not rely on a service provider.

I want to catch a thief ..... Not wait for our SAPS
..........and I want to deal with him with a baseball bat