Transkei - Hole in the Wall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gromit said:
Fishy said:
Nice one thanks
Got invited on quite a big group ride end september from Port st Jhons to kei mouth , nice taster :thumleft:

The place is awesome. I am going back there next month  :ricky:

Post this link to my wife for an ‘appetizer’. Can’t wait! Plan to do a RR with a difference…ad some fishing if they will just take the bait!  :laughing4:

TVB said:
Nice one Gromit, My wife and I are planning to do a ride on the little DR200 in 5 weeks time down there. Can’t wait but we will be entering from the Port Edward (Wild Coast sun) side.

Pillion on the 200?

J-dog said:
TVB said:
Nice one Gromit, My wife and I are planning to do a ride on the little DR200 in 5 weeks time down there. Can’t wait but we will be entering from the Port Edward (Wild Coast sun) side.

Pillion on the 200?

Why not? The bike will be on the back of the bakkie till Port Edward, then we will continue to ride with the DR all the way to Hole in the wall and back! She is in the 50kg range and after all, the DR200, CTX200 and TW200 are agri bikes…plenty of go slow nm’s. Nothing wrong with that, we have time on our side…In Kisangani in the DRC I was given a lift on a taxi Bicycle…the poor oke offered to take me on a tour through the whole village to a UN restaurant and back and refused to take more than 3 usd back in 2004…Well do better on the DR200 I suppose… :ricky:

Nice report and a lovely area to ride. I don't want to dampen any enthusiasm for riding in TK but there is a guy called Div De Villiers who has it in for bikes and quads. ( Head of Green Police ) There is some law that one is not allowed to ride within 1 km of the shoreline unless it is a recognised road. My question is: What is a recognised road? Some trails to the sea have been used by fishermen for 40 years and more. That should surely qualify as recognised. This is a bit of a hi-jack but these people have powers of arrest and spot fines of R2500.00 have been handed out.

There are also a lot of rumours about Angola and the DRC…even Mozambique. Still I have never encountered any serious problems except for rebels in the DRC who was only hoping to get some cigarettes out of being manipulating at their posts.

These people are mostly poor and hope to make an extra bug. I witnesses to my shame some South Africans chasing a couple of guys away using foul language at the Wild Coast Sun (opposite at the curious shops) when car watch services were offered…when we came out of the shop the particular vehicle’s windows were shattered. Simply an attitude problem which can turn you life into hell…self inflicting damage…

Many scary stories about Uganda as well, LRA rebels…well, we were invited into one of their villages to drink free beer and tell them all about our lives down South. 

It is all about attitude – I hope I’m not wrong this time around, but wherever I go people seems to like me. They can read your body language and attitude because of their humble lives…I’m speaking in general.