Travel log day 1 part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X

Day 1 Part 2

Imagin waking in the morning (as I have done) to the sound of the waterfall and the birds and surrounded by nature - pure bliss, although the table can be a tad hard without a soft mattress. Nope- those were NOT kidneystones on the table!
Take flight like an eagle and see the Tradouw valley (and almost crash your drone on the opposite mountainside) - even doing a 360 deg - little planet view, then back on the motorcycle out of the pass and through the settlement of Suurbraak and on to Buffeljagt to make friends with the goats and intrview an old tortoise. SO, how does a tortoise wipe it's nose then Heyy?
In Swellendam pay an extorionate amount in cash to set up half a tent for the night.
My inflatable air mattress of aged vintage only held air for about an hour and a half before it was flat on the ground pleading for another few lungfulls of air - this continued through the night.
My feet stuck out of the half tent and conequently were cold, resulting in calf cramps - ("Overuse of a muscle, dehydration, muscle strain or simply holding a position for a prolonged period can cause a muscle cramp. In many cases, however, the cause isn't known. ").
("Charley horse is another name for a muscle spasm. Charley horses can occur in any muscle, but they’re most common in the legs. These spasms are marked by uncomfortable muscle contractions.")

This condition afforded me the opportunity to see the owl watching over me from a nearby tree, and to observe the stars at different times of the night.

Day 2 took it's time getting started. I planned to have beakfast in Heidelberg and ride the Garcia pass to Ladismith and visit the Tierkloof dam in the Seweweeks poort, then over the Huis river pass to Oudtshoorn, the Robinson pass to sleep in Mosselbay.

Music:
Missing Persons - Jeremy Blake

Reactions: 456