Upper Van Staden's Dam - A little surprise ride.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
On Saturday morning I found myself wide awake by 4am and I just could not get back to sleep. Eventually I gave up and wnet for a shower. After packing my stuff and sorting out a good cup of coffe I went to fill my bike before hitting the road to Longmore forrest to go and take some pics of the VW Rally that was in full swing .

I go to to the spot where I wanted to photograph quite a bit too early and decided to do what I normally do when I am bored. I followed the road to see where it goes. And what a road it was !

sml_IMG_7757.jpg

I did some water crossings and I battled the mud monster. Again , and again and again. Just lots and lots of mud. Strange that I did not take a single pic of the mud. But I was more focused on getting some nice pics of the sceney.

Maybe now is a good time to shut my trap and show you some pics of what I found and saw :

sml_IMG_7733.jpg

sml_IMG_7732.jpg

sml_IMG_7736.jpg

sml_IMG_7738.jpg

sml_IMG_7739.jpg

sml_IMG_7743.jpg

sml_IMG_7745.jpg

sml_IMG_7750.jpg

sml_IMG_7754.jpg

When seeing your photos I am too ashamed to post anything. Well done on excellent photos settings composure etc

Thank you alll for the nice comments.

@Rodlau - nonsense man ! Post your pics and your stories.  The photos I take comes from years and years of carrying my camera around and taking LOTS of kaark pics. You learn from your mistakes and by asking for and listening to other's advice.

You should have seen the pics when I first started out way back. But I will still take credit for even those crappy first pics because they are part of my journey through the world of photography.

Very very nice Hando, or Darak.. :biggrin:
But where are the rally cars!?

Thank you

I posted the pics under the photo section because I did not deem them part of the Ride report.

You can take a look here :
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=73861.msg1506090#msg1506090

Rodlau said:
When seeing your photos I am too ashamed to post anything. Well done on excellent photos settings composure etc

Stem 100% saam.  Julle ouens met sulke mooi kiekies laat my sommer skaam kry.

Mooi fotos Hando

Hando daai eerste foto van die waterval en huisie is iets besonders.
Jy mag maar skryf ook maar jou fotos kyk baie lekker. :thumleft:

Blerrie mooi kiekies en wat 'n mooi roete.  :thumleft:
Vertel bietjie mooi waar die plek is,asb.

Latest posts