Urgent Helmet Therapy session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssBee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
With a mega cold front advancing on us rapidly ( already raining in CT I believe) I woke up with this urge to get a ride in this morning in anticipation of the impending cabin fever.

So, off I went. Over the Outeniqua into the Karoo. I was going to ride in a clockwise direction but changed my mind en route and I'm glad I did. I did not have a full tank, plus the rain was due to klap us at about 2pm, so had to be wary of both.
I turned off the Oudtshoorn road toward Zebra and Mount Hope....(thank you @Chrisl for enlightening me about this road). Always lekka to ride into an area you've never been to before.

Then headed back toward Mossel bay on the Robinson Pass....boring tar road made a bit more interesting by some nice twisties. There was a fire burning high up on the peak with fire fighting people in attendance. The smoke wafting down on the southern side made a spectacular sight in the light. Then hit the dirt again shortly after Eight Bells towards Bottlierskop and took all the back roads back home through the farmlands.

The contrast between north of the mountains and south of the mountains never ceases to amaze me.
30 May ride #1.jpg
30 May ride #2.jpg
30 May ride #3.jpg
30 May ride #4.jpg
30 May ride #5.jpg
30 May ride #6.jpg
30 May ride #7.jpg