V-strom fuel plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willewil

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
So I got a new airfilter for the Wee this weekend and wanted to change it monday evening (in a hurry).

For those who doesn't know...you take off the tank to get to the airfilter box, undo 1427890 screws and the box is open.

There  is a fancy clip in plug where the fuel hose enters the tank - very nice. You clip it out (when not in a hurry) and the tank doesnt leak or anything.  On monday evening after workin faiding light I tried clipping it out (in a hurry) when taking of the tank and got impatient (being in a hurry). I ended up pulling the thing apart and two plastic mcgafters (or maybe spacers) flew all over the show  :eek:. Also a nice green coloured o-ring seal... Consequently I couldn't figure out exactly how it fits together.

So...my questions:
1) Do I have all the parts (red spacer, white spacer, green oring and the white plastic clip that stayed on the tank side is what I've got)
2) Do you know how it fits together?
3) Do you have a picture
4) If you don't have the answers above would I get it anywhere (besides the dealer of course)

Dankie baie