Walkerville Rangers... what a ride...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2009/06/28 Walkerville – Snowball Run

After 09:00am and the gathering in front of Doctor KLR’s homestead in Walkerville, all the brave riders have gathered for yet another epic tour of a place which I now call “home”. I arrive a couple of minutes late and Graham is busy chasing the Dog in the street. Not it was not a WildDog, but a real one.
Yep…that’s him, NO Not the Dog, but Graham.
SnBWR01.jpg

And there they all are, all rev’ed up and ready to go. If they knew now what we already now they may have opted to either stay in bed or just lase in the cold winter sun at the Snowball Run just down the road.
SnBWR02.jpg

And there she is …who do you think, that Wild Dog of a brave girl, who got nailed about 9 times while out riding with the boys. Perhaps, this is where I need to say, a real nail went into her tyre and she got blowed. … the tyre I mean.
Congratulations Malibu, you’re a brave sister, who can now proudly say, you’ve been there, done that and even have the nail to prove it.
SnBWR03.jpg

A brave KLE 500, [Cyclops] who managed to get through it all, assisted by his son on his Kazuma 200.
SnBWR04.jpg

Brave, very brave to take the ride on such a cold day.
SnBWR05.jpg

Mike “Walkerville Ranger” on his orange KTM, as usual eager to get out into the great outdoors. What I find exciting on these rides is the number of fathers and sons, who ride together. Mike’s son, was also on the ride, trying to outsmart his old man along the way.
SnBWR06.jpg

Cyclops and son, and on the left Cracker on his “mean towing machine” the KLR
SnBWR07.jpg

1WayRay - BMW G650 XChallenge it really was, here being towed, YES, being towed by Cracker on the KLR 650. Previously Cracker even shared his fuel with the BMW, which ran out of juice on the way to Walkerville.
SnBWR08.jpg

Like Cracker is illustrating “There can only be one, that’s KLR”
SnBWR09.jpg

All I was thinking was “Damn Cracker …slow down …do’nt know if a BMW will be able to keep up with the KLR speed, even when attached to a tow-rope.”
I quickly caught up, riding at the rear with my fancy hazard lights flashing on the KLE 650 Versys.
SnBWR10.jpg

We arrived at the Snowball Run https://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=5058466&fSectionId=&fSetId=381
Phillip was leading, with Cracker towing 1WayRay, into the pits.
SnBWR11.jpg

SnBWR12.jpg

1WayRay, clearly excited after a very fast tow behind the KLR… or very excited to see other bikes lined up at the Snowball Run.
SnBWR13.jpg

SnBWR14.jpg

One of the really hot ladies at the Snowball Run …. She is ..... just look how warmly she is dressed ...all in cute pink.
SnBWR15.jpg

The entertainment, Dave Abbott of Abbott and Crabb, https://www.abbottandcrabb.co.za/ two musically challenged comedians, who put up a great show. To his left is John Vlismas.  https://www.whacked.co.za/index.html
SnBWR16.jpg

Main prize, 250cc, at the give-away, won by a proud Harley owner. He said he will be giving his Harley to his wife and will be riding his new scoot.
SnBWR17.jpg

That’s the proud new owner.
SnBWR18.jpg

There were a couple of real beauty’s at the Snowball Run. Check out the Harley Davidson, it’s even got real off-road shocks, for when it goes into the bush.
SnBWR19.jpg

SnBWR20.jpg

Now this is a gentleman of note. A real Walkerville Ranger, who arrived on his 150cc superbike. 83 years old. Last year his family forced him to get rid of his BMW and allowed him a new set of wheels.
He lives in Walkerville and was telling me about the rides he used to have and it was clear, that biking would never leave his blood. I invited him to future gathering of the Wild Dogs.

At the prize giving, they were handing out a weekend stay at the Hotel in Walkerville to the oldest riders at the gathering. He never bothered to go up for the prize; eventually two other couples took the weekend get-aways. Someone pushed him through the crowd and eventually they handed his a prize of ‘luggage bags” for his bike. He later said to me “Where do they think I’ll be riding away to on my 150”
SnBWR21.jpg

A very entertaining and talented Irishman, Dave Abbott    https://www.abbottandcrabb.co.za/
SnBWR22.jpg

And like any Wild Dog out on a cold day ride, I could not help myself, taking a photo, of the VW Combi, thinking to myself, “ I wish I could drive home in that, it’s sure to be warm inside”.
SnBWR23.jpg

So ends another epic ride with the Walkerville Rangers, which is evident from the previous postings, by clearly excited and satisfied like minded riders.
Fun and excitement was what everyone came for and as usually Doctor KLR’s planned rides deliver all that and more.

A great Thank You to all and see you on the next, Walkerville Rangers ride….coming soon.

Nice one, cono  :thumleft:

It was great to see 1wayRay adding that bit of class, pity we had to remove it.  :pot:

Cracker said:
Nice one, cono  :thumleft:

It was great to see 1wayRay adding that bit of class, pity we had to remove it.  :pot:

Well the saying goes that "Every dog has its day!" I was just giving the KLR guys there day.......... :p knowing full well that I am going to be tarred and feathered for a long time to come  :D

Cono you old purve it wasn't the Kombi you took a piccy of  :imaposer:

Well, .... that too ...  :)

Was actually wanting to see the terrain and the ride. Seeing a BMW being towed is such an everyday occurrence.  ;)

Malibu said:
Cracker, still owe you a tube... can I drop one off for you...?

Nah, it's ok. Just carry 2 with you and I'll grab one next time we meet. :thumleft:

From what I've seen recently, though, maybe you should carry 3!  :pot:

Can't remember his name (or mine sometimes), but didn't the other fella on a KLR like mine take some pics?

Just a pic of me pinned against the ridge... after getting through the mud the first time... LATER I bought that patch! 

Pic compliments of Vanzk

Attachments

• 28062009020.jpg
    28062009020.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 86
Follow the link...

https://hiertikkobus.blogspot.com/2009/07/walkerville-rangers-ride-28-june-2009.html

Latest posts