• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Long Range Fuel Tank for XR250 TORNADO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSGM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Good day all 'Dogs

I'm planning a solo ride by the end of this year to celebrate my "freedom" after a year long work course.  :lol8: Nothing too serious - mainly back roads and some gravel, I'm not doing very technical stuff like my fellow 'Dogs. (Pta - Zeerust - rest of NW and back home.)

My self-imposed challenge is to stay away from "regular adventure bikes", as we'd used before, and go back to basics. Therefor, I want peace of mind ito fuel range. My current range to bone dry is about 290km. Full to Res is about 210km. (This is regular commuting consumption, and may drop a bit.) I'd like the add at least 50% to the range, and ideally double the existing 11,5L of my trusty old XR250 Tornado. A comfortable range would be 400km, before hitting the 3,7 L reserve.

First price would be to find a Long Range tank here in SA, such as those 22L ones made in South America. (Importing is not an option, due to high cost - especially freight.)

Alternatively, a suggestion of a known and tested tank conversion from another bike that would fit with very little issues, would be appreciated.

Plan B is to carry additional 5-10L fuel somewhere on the bike.

Thank you
G.
:sip: