• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Travel bike with panniers in March/beginning of April

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Bajaj (all models)
Herllo everyone,

Lets first introduce myself a little bit: Dutch, 26 years old and currently on a Bajaj Pulsar 180cc in Chile. I traveled two up with my girlfriend from Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and now in Chile to sell the bike. The 12th of March we will land in Cape Town to proceed with our world journey. We want a (South African) motorcycle to travel up to Kenya. Sell the bike there to someone who will travel down to South Africa again (already have a buyer there).

So we are looking for a uncomplicated bike ready to travel. Requierements:
-The bike needs to have panniers because we travel two-up and we like to take our stuff with us.
-No fancy bike, as long as it works and will stay working everything is fine
-Our buyer in Kenya does not want a BMW, rather a Kawasaki KLR 650, Suzuki DR650 or Yamaha XT (or something like that).
-engine: 400 up to 700cc (medium size bike)
-scratches are fine
-We are on budget (because we also need to buy a Carnet de Passage). It depends on the bike offcourse what we can pay.

Place&time:
We land in Cape Town at the 12th of March. We first will travel by car through the country untill the beginning of April. We can meet somewhere in between, but if possible rather directly in Cape Town so we have the time to arrange the paperwork and apply for the Carnet.

If you have a bike, or know one for us: [email protected]

groeten! (is this also used in Afrikaans?)
mark