Where has your bike taken you today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[member=15594]mtr89[/member]. We come up that way fairly often. PM me is you would like to be added to our whatsapp ride group. No extreme riding

Cheers

Lekker pics. You sold my wife at the horse ones cause we have 5 here at home :ricky:

mtr89 said:
This road was short but quiet, with not a soul on it but some horses.
There’s a new big house that was recently built on your right that you had just passed in this pic. Just before that house there is an awesome D-road to your left goes through some awesome forest sections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andyg said:
[member=15594]mtr89[/member]. We come up that way fairly often. PM me is you would like to be added to our whatsapp ride group. No extreme riding

Cheers
Any such groups up in GP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jivins58 said:
mtr89 said:
This road was short but quiet, with not a soul on it but some horses.
There’s a new big house that was recently built on your right that you had just passed in this pic. Just before that house there is an awesome D-road to your left goes through some awesome forest sections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[member=17114]jivins58[/member] , I could see the house you were talking about. Also, i know the road you are talking about. There are some lekker dirt roads out there in the Midlands

@mtr89 get in touch with @Andyg. I have recently got in touch with him and have joined him before for a ride. He is always riding. He goes through big effort to make sure the rides happen.

I work in forestry so I know a lot of d roads in the area and know the area well that you were riding in.

jivins58 said:
[member=15594]mtr89[/member] get in touch with [member=26556]Andyg[/member]. I have recently got in touch with him and have joined him before for a ride. He is always riding. He goes through big effort to make sure the rides happen.

I work in forestry so I know a lot of d roads in the area and know the area well that you were riding in.

How does Forestry in general see dual sport bikers (licensed machines) ? It seems it varies from say a Mondi to a Sappi and in different areas of the country.

Bronberrik, Centurion.
I’m on a group of a few wild dogs, but they like the ruff stuff and are very experienced riders that do not pillion.

I've been away last week for a short 3 day trip in the Lowveld, but couldn't ride all the technical stuff I wanted too, because my "guest" liked the easy stuff (and local bars) just a tad too much...

When I got home my wife sensed that I needed gravel, cancelled all her clients for the day, and insisted that we go riding some quiet dusty roads.
...still didn't do any technical stuff with her as pillion but, it sort of fixed the withdrawal symptoms...
300km+ Loop for the day through Northern Gauteng, North-West, and some of Limpopo.

Here's something for the guys who are wondering what the current state of Breedsnek is. Very easy and doable with pillion and "snakeskin" Pirelli MT90's

https://youtu.be/93B9iQWPKsQ

Attachments

• Beestekraal stasie.jpeg
    Beestekraal stasie.jpeg
    405.7 KB
BirdRanger said:
Bronberrik, Centurion.
I’m on a group of a few wild dogs, but they like the ruff stuff and are very experienced riders that do not pillion.

Contact Frederick also known as (Freak) on the klr clan Pretoria group on Facebook. Very nice group, has done some rides with pillions joining, not rushing, and lots of fun. Let me know if you don't come right 0799250721

MRK Miller said:
BirdRanger said:
Bronberrik, Centurion.

Contact Frederick also known as (Freak) on the klr clan Pretoria group on Facebook. Very nice group, has done some rides with pillions joining, not rushing, and lots of fun. Let me know if you don't come right 0799250721
Thanks!!!

sidetrack said:
jivins58 said:
[member=15594]mtr89[/member] get in touch with [member=26556]Andyg[/member]. I have recently got in touch with him and have joined him before for a ride. He is always riding. He goes through big effort to make sure the rides happen.

How does Forestry in general see dual sport bikers (licensed machines) ? It seems it varies from say a Mondi to a Sappi and in different areas of the country.
[member=41]sidetrack[/member], i stick to the D roads. I don't think the forestry guys would be stoked on bikes riding through their plantations. Fortunately, a lot of these d roads run through forestry areas

mtr89 said:
sidetrack said:
jivins58 said:

[member=41]sidetrack[/member], i stick to the D roads. I don't think the forestry guys would be stoked on bikes riding through their plantations. Fortunately, a lot of these d roads run through forestry areas
That’s exactly right. Can’t go on the forest owners properties. But if the D road runs through them then it’s all good.

Friday solo breakfast run (to Parys)

Attachments

• 28082020 breakfast.jpg
    28082020 breakfast.jpg
    208.9 KB
Same place as a few thousand others this morning
d539855e5892f0e4e9e6faaa1ca44559.jpg

019a3c378fa54a91d6f533d392cf4840.jpg

Lots of snow on the mountain tops around us so the dirt / mud roads to Bonnievale called.

Attachments

• 45DCF4CF-BB37-41D6-95FE-AF590D1FEF10.jpeg
    45DCF4CF-BB37-41D6-95FE-AF590D1FEF10.jpeg
    236.9 KB
  • D69FDE3E-7DC8-4610-B30C-0992339A713F.jpeg
    D69FDE3E-7DC8-4610-B30C-0992339A713F.jpeg
    128.7 KB
  • 945E56D5-65EB-4315-AB40-0DE14DD23541.jpeg
    945E56D5-65EB-4315-AB40-0DE14DD23541.jpeg
    204.6 KB
  • 4683C42A-5D31-4D01-BD7D-B0B768515F4E.jpeg
    4683C42A-5D31-4D01-BD7D-B0B768515F4E.jpeg
    202.1 KB
Chris hy loop vir my op sy lekkerste op so 80-90.
Dis maar wat ons ry as die XR kie by is in elk veval.