Where has your bike taken you today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noneking said:
Sheepman said:
Noneking said:
Missing footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3caRoGettY&t=73s

Brilliant riding NK  :thumleft: Don't you guys pick up a lot of punctures ?
No we don’t.  The MotoZs are amazing on the big bikes. I’ve not had a puncture on the tubeless 790 in 12000km.
Most guys run heavy duty tubes or Tubliss system on the smaller bikes

Edit: Most punctures we see on route are still due to snake bites

Cool thanks  :thumleft:

Bietjie veldjie toe die naweek dat my seuntjie nog leer

Attachments

• IMG-20200907-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20200907-WA0027.jpg
    132.7 KB
  • IMG-20200907-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20200907-WA0026.jpg
    107.7 KB
  • IMG-20200907-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20200907-WA0025.jpg
    120.3 KB
Noneking said:
m0lt3n said:
Bietjie veldjie toe die naweek dat my seuntjie nog leer
Dis spesiaal

Met daai veldjie op ons stoep is ons nogal geseend.

Maar net hierna het ek vir mamma en sussie ook op 990 gesit en so saam die 50 om die blok gery, baie lekker, ek voel nie dit was te waaghalsig nie, maar reken iewers gaan iemand nog op my af gaan oor veiligheid.

Manne op die plase...waardeer wat julle het :)

whatabout yesteryear :thumleft: :thumleft:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.9 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.9 KB
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    138.5 KB
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    158.1 KB
Good looking CRF230F Tommy  :drif:
What bash plate is fitted to the bike?

DR BIG 750 said:
whatabout yesteryear :thumleft: :thumleft:

Lovely Big Boy and beautiful XT  :thumleft: I had the red and white XT 500, which pre ceded the black and silver one.

Tommy Transalp said:
skydiver said:
Good looking CRF230F Tommy  :drif:
What bash plate is fitted to the bike?
I made up my own metal bashplate... Keeps rocks and stones away from the alu side covers as well.
Good idea, I need to do something similar as the stones really chip the underside of the bike

At the end April I had a freak accident on my XR650 which resulted in major knee reconstruction surgery.  Well, 4.5 months later, still in rehab, I am finally able to get back on the bike on took the 1150 out for breakfast run this morning with a mate.  And it felt like coming up for air...

I also did a few kilometres on that R Nine T Scrambler which put a huge smile on my face, it pulls like a jet plane compared to the 2001 1150.  :ricky:

Attachments

• 20200912_050846391_iOS - Copy.jpg
    20200912_050846391_iOS - Copy.jpg
    354.5 KB
Rooies said:
At the end April I had a freak accident on my XR650 which resulted in major knee reconstruction surgery.  Well, 4.5 months later, still in rehab, I am finally able to get back on the bike on took the 1150 out for breakfast run this morning with a mate.  And it felt like coming up for air...

I also did a few kilometres on that R Nine T Scrambler which put a huge smile on my face, it pulls like a jet plane compared to the 2001 1150.  :ricky:

Nice! :thumleft:

Rooies said:

Hmmm, I also suffered a terrible triad knee injury last year, also from a silly 30km/h fall. 14 months, 1 x 3.5hr knee op, 1x1hr  follow up orthroscopy 9 months after, and maaaaaaany physio and bio sessions later I am almost totally recovered - cant run yet, but cycling is fine.
Oh, and I was back on a 3 day, 1150km mostly gravel trip 5 months after the 1st op  :biggrin:
1 lesson learnt...
Enjoy the riding and all the best with the recovery!

MildlyWild said:
Rooies said:

Hmmm, I also suffered a terrible triad knee injury last year, also from a silly 30km/h fall. 14 months, 1 x 3.5hr knee op, 1x1hr  follow up orthroscopy 9 months after, and maaaaaaany physio and bio sessions later I am almost totally recovered - cant run yet, but cycling is fine.
Oh, and I was back on a 3 day, 1150km mostly gravel trip 5 months after the 1st op  :biggrin:
1 lesson learnt...
Enjoy the riding and all the best with the recovery!

Yip, that's the one, O'Donoghue's Terrible Triad.  Luckily there is no follow up arthroscopy for me, I am sure that sucked big time.  Good luck with getting back to running  :thumleft: I was unfortunately told in no uncertain terms that my running days are over, which is quite a bitter pill to swallow for me.  And yes, lesson learnt for me as well - enjoy life while you can!

Explored some gravel roads around Haenertsburg

Attachments

• grond1.jpg
    grond1.jpg
    303.7 KB
  • grond2.jpg
    grond2.jpg
    337 KB
  • grond3.jpg
    grond3.jpg
    376.8 KB