Wild Pups Return to Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoonless

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
In August Glacier and I bravely attempted to be the first people to ride across Lesotho on motorized two wheeled transportation. Or at least the first people on the wilddog forum with the nics Spoonless and Glacier.

Anyway circumstances, fate, poor newbie riding styles and the alignment of the planets conspired against us causing us to circumnavigate Lesotho instead of transversing it. Check out https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=9273.0 for that epic adventure of daring and intrigue and cherry liquer.

This time Glacier and I will definitely conquer Lesotho, especially as the able Logie has agreed to accompany us, luckily he also has a KLR and so will have to do the same highway speeds we do.

The basic plan is:
27 December 2007 (possible optioanl extra)
Cruise down to Warden on boring tar non-toll roads after close of buysiness to get an early start the next day and increase the amount of dirt we can do

28 December
Journey to Lower Loteni camp site, doing a fair amount of dirt enroute (sadly I do not have my map book at hand to give a better description of the intended route)

29 December
Off towards Himeville, veer suddenly to the right 5km before it and encounter a few border posts and zig zags. Stay/camp/collapse at Sani Top Chalets

30 December
Cruise on what my Lesotho pdf calls "gravel roads: 4x2" to Mokhotlong, jiga left. More dirt roads to Thaba-Tseka.

31 December
Brief enjoyable ride 50ish km to Katse dam. Party, booze and instigate the new year's arrival.

1 January 2008 AD
Ride tar road out towards Fouriesburg, and R26 all the way home back to Jhb

I have no doubt I am being naive in planning, and made many many mistakes. Feel free to correct them so my mommy wont worry so much.