Wiring issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Ihave a small issue , more a irritation than anything , I added some spot lights to my 1190 KTM ADVENTURE and now things dont seem to click nicely . Bought a set of 10w led spots , supplied by extreme lights , very good but a pencil beam so not much side lights . Added a set of duel light mini spots , yellow and white light 10w as well . but for some reason had to wire the second harness to the unswitched side . this became a bit of a problem as I use the yellow spoties for daytime visibility and by not being switched I have often forgotten them on ,and have been stuck with a flat battery , Stupid I know .
Looking at my setup I realized its not working for me and I need to get a light with a wider beam pattern . bought more lights , and most was not suitable , not big money spent . Looked at the Raptor kits , but expensive if not what the dr ordered . So back to the budget options , my Local China centre has a nice set , checked them out and a nice wide beam , price 800 for a set of 40w wide beam spots , bought them and a harness to power them . Dew to them being pretty powerful I decided to keep my little 10w spottie and only run them on yellow for daytime , and use the big ones for night time if required .
What I have found now is that I cant use both set switched , somehow hyper flash and then cut out , no power to the lights , seems the 2 relays are not in sink . so again switched and unswitched . but have the dlr switched , so very small chance of a flat battery .
long explanation! ;)
My question to the electrical experts , what is the best option to power the lights ? seems that 2 harnesses is not the answer and maybe one with multiple switches on the handle bar could be the way to go ?
I have had situations where running 12v via the switch the heat build up melts the switch , I then cut the earth and used the switch inline . this option saved the switch , not sure if it will work to 2 separate lights ?