Woody always wanted a Woody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
I always had this dream of building myself a Woody something.
From a wooden Combi on my sidecar to a teardrop caravan to tow behind the bike.
Also at the back of my mind I had this idea to buy an old bakkie and make my Woody.

So when I sold the Jeep I told some people what I am looking for and as you all know ChrisL knows how to find something on Gumtree and Friends.  :imaposer:

He had my budget and requiremennts. R 40k max. Normal Diesel...OLD School. No turbo nothing.
Just a lekker old bakkie.

Well soon I had this whatsapp with a link to a 1981 Isuzu short wheel base bakkie.

So negotiations started and I just knew this was the bakkie I saw in my dreams.

So within a day I purchased the bakkie unseen and not even checked out by somebody for me.

So I organised for the person buying my Jeep to go and pick up the bakkie. Drive it down to Swellendam where we would exchange cars.

So the Saturday morning we met at Swellendam and we exchanged cars.

As we rode away and the bakkie was doing it's true 40 year old diesel rattle and noises due to no window rubbers or door rubbers my wife looked at me and said...and I quote " NOU HET JY K@K gekoop"

But she did not knw what I was dreaming every night and the visions for this old bakkie.

We made it to Riversdal and the next week work started on WOODY

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 474
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 468