• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

XT660Z for Sale R36 000 ONCO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
I had to think long and hard about starting this thread, but here goes.

I bought the bike after my DR650 was stolen, and regretted it from soon after.
Other than the technical issues I had with the bike, the thing is obviously too tall for me, I would not be able to ride this thing on technical terrain without having it lowered, and then it would still be a beast to handle.

The small technical issues.
After buying the bike I replaced the battery and did the usual, service, chain and sprockets and spit and polish.
The bike was leaking coolant and kept overheating, so I replaced the water pump seals, including the bearings.
The rev indicator needle is broken off. I never attempted to fix that.

The big technical issue.
The bike often jumps out of second and fourth gear.
On tar this is not too bad, because the second gear only jumps out when gearing down, and fourth is not used much. However, I wanted to go dirt with the bike, and a bike that pops out of second while in technical terrain is going to cause trouble.
I took the bike to Runner, who quoted me R27K to fix it. As Runner said, that is worst case scenario, but he had to be realistic. I had to do some serious thinking. In the end I got a deal on another bike, and so this one has to go.
It still left me with the options of either trying to fix the bike myself, for which I do not have the time, parting it out, which would give me a lot more money but takes time (I should know, I've done this twice), or simply selling it.
Simply selling it is the easiest option for me, so it is my first option.

Contact me via pm, or on 082 331 8656

Attachments

• driveway.jpg
    driveway.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 1,755
  • driveway1.jpg
    driveway1.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,741
  • grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 1,738