Zimbabwe Gravel Travel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D64C6AFC-6D7F-4371-A734-2F42C37F3E09.jpeg

Rides like these are only possible if everyone in the chain does their part to ensure the person behind them stays on the track. Mark specifically does not give out the track for everyone to load on gps as the track has not been recce’d or verified and he makes changes during the ride.

Unfortunately a rider forget to stap and wait at a turnoff and 4 riders went past and were now separated from the group. I eventually turned back and found them a few kilometres away. This put as back a good hour on a morning where we had already lost time with a puncture.

We regrouped and did a beautiful ride next to a river.

0B6D8299-1CE3-4ED9-B8AA-73C36EE04AB1.jpeg

298669438_5443855195653286_7702671458542302172_n.jpg

Last edited:
Fokkit.
Nice.
Onthou maar net ek wou dit met elke pic se.
Befok - laat my kwaai terugdink aan my ou Zim dae. SO 'n nice land met nice mense (ja ek bedoel dit 200%)

So if you take a walk down to the bottom of what looks like a golf course , in the corner you will find a boom which is locked but they have a key if you request it.. that boom leads to a tweespoor which goes up a few km into the rain forest, you can literally climb up over that whole mountain. When I was there you could only go so far as they had cut down many trees blocking the road because 2km up there was a landslide that took out the road, this may have been repaired by now but I doubt it as the road wasnt used anymore. you have to go down the valley and back up again to get around the landslide which is impossible on big bikes without a lot of blood and sweat.. but the rain forest road is well worth doing if you still there.

Acrophobia, that trench and your diarrhea issue is a bad combination.