The Return

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
It rained all night the day I left, the weather it was dry, Oh Susanna now donâ??t you cry for meâ?¦.  Or words to that effect â?? can anyone remember that one?

Well, the weather was hot the morning I left Heidelberg. I had decided the previous evening that I would have breakfast at the Wimpy â?? seeing as they are open 24 hours a day, then fill the tank with the morningâ??s freshest petrol and head for the hills.

Although the weather was hot there was a drizzle in the air, and that was not me sweating! Once packed up And the motor started the front wheel led me away, whispering about having breakfast on the other side of the hills. Oops, forgot about the petrol part, turn around bright eye!

Every now and then I get excited about a ride â?? that is actually most of the time and this was no exception â?? the higher I went the more wet spots hit my visor, and of course there HAD to be a car or two to kick up dust which of course ends up on the visor â?? why is everything so brown suddenly?

At the Gysmans turnoff I was met by a bevy of ladies all come to say good bye! Man you should have seen them UDDERS!

day6nd6.jpg

day61bq2.jpg

Eventually I found the turnoff, almost took the first one â?? which of course goes to the dam. The Gysmanshoek â?? tweespoor de luxe.

day62rz8.jpg

day63zu4.jpg

A little rough in places.

day64sf2.jpg

KTM Country indeed? I would have said DS country, and had I not known about that narrow bit where they had fixed the washaway, I would have said car country â?? I have done the pass in a Tazz.

I should also mention that along the way down I encountered all of three gumboots and a black shoe â?? Huh? Strange times we live in.

I then, as usual, took the wrong turn and ended up having French toast at the Country Pumpkin after which I sped off in the direction of Ronnies Pomphuis And Sexe Shoppe, where I turned left to Warmwaterberg.

There is an ominous sign that warns that there is no through road to Touwsrivier, but I happily again Ignored it.

day65bj8.jpg

Not a bad road â?? actually â?? before buying the TA I thought that this is what roads would be like â?? not these high grade gravel superhighways one finds everywhere.

Of course on a road like this one should expect a sand monster or two. This one nearly got me â?? I was dreaming of wild animals crossing as the signs warned that I should remain in my vehicle â?? well on anyway. I am certain they would have taken exception if I had actually fallen off my vehicle!

day66zm9.jpg

day67eu4.jpg

At last the gate.

day68as0.jpg

day69cj4.jpg

I stopped for a chat with the tenant here. A tall thin bald man â?? so thin I swear I could see right through his ribs â?? said his name was Bill Door and had a rally nice looking white horse â?? named Binky, I think he said.

day610kb5.jpg

Continuing I found a few tyre wash spots â?? one, near the Touwsrivier turnoff was esplashilly deep. Good thing I went slowly so as not to whet my toes.

day611sg4.jpg

In Montagu I stopped for a bit of shade before visiting my Mother in Law in Robertson to fetch some rather heavy books for my wife â?? gave myself a hernia picking up my luggage of the bike when I arrived home!

Now, where should I go riding this weekend?