A quicky for a threesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
This afternoon I wanted to go and ride a bit in order to make some peace with Jemima and cornering on the dirt after my recent fall. I just wanted to gain some of my confidence back.

The plan was for me , Hotwire and Mieliepap to go to Jagtvlakte outside Uitenhage and go and play a bit.

So the three of us set off on our three F650GS's .

We got to Jagtvlakte and I could see that Mieliepap was not really in the mood to ride up and down the 4x4 tracks. So we decided to follow some of the tracks around the area and see where they go.

We stopped for the, by now traditional, photos at the old farm house.

sml_06092011197.jpg

sml_06092011198.jpg

sml_06092011199.jpg

sml_06092011200.jpg

sml_06092011201.jpg

Then Mieliepap came up with this bit of wisdom. I quote :"Let us go up that little hill."

And so with Mieliepap in the lead we set off to that little hill. And what a little technical ride it turned out to be. LOTS and lots of loose rocks like ball bearings.  Stand up , look up and open up became the norm !!!!

We ended up on top the hill and decided to get a move on down the road before the sun sets.

sml_06092011202.jpg

The idea was to follow the road (the blue one) down the valley and to the tar road. The sun was setting fast and we had to get a move on. No more pics from here on. As it turns out we came to a water crossing in the bottom of the kloof and not knowing what the rest of the road was like we decided to rather turn around and head back the way we came before it was completely dark.

So back up the kloof we went. And down the other side through all of the ball bearings and sand again.

At some point I stopped as I did not see the other two headlights behind me. I waited and waited. Switched off my engine. And waited. And still no sound. I was getting more and more worried and eventually got Jemima turned around and went back up the hill (and the ball bearings) . I found Mieliepap and Hotwire some distance further making their way down. Mieliepap had a small low speed off and broke his one front indicator.

I was just too happy to see them and turned around and followed them down to the tar road from where we slabbed it back to Uitenhage in the by now complete dark.

In the end this was quite an adventure and gave me all the exercise I wanted and lots of stand up , look up , open up.

Below is the route we took.

We started with the Red route. Then followed the Blue down the Valley (to the right at T section) and then followed the blue back up the valley and down the other side again.

By the way - the valley was very very beautiful and I would love to go there again in daylight and take some proper pics.

PS : Sorry for the crappy Cellphone pics. Next time I will take a proper camera.

sml_route.jpg

Attachments

• start route - RED.kml
    9.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Valley route - BLUE.kml
    13.2 KB · Views: 15