20 year old red head. XR600 HELP NEEDED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

H8rlequin

Ola guys.

Well yesterday was a bit of a harsh day for me. My "Newly Redone" 20 year old red head XR600 gave me a farking hart attack.
Long story short, was driving the bike to work when she just cut out... Felt like there was no petrol. Stopped along the highway and 15 mins later kicked it back into life, drove 20km and it did the same.... This happened to me 3 times... EVERY time spending around 15 mins kicking the ting. On the fourth try no luck.. The bike wont start up again. So I wound up pushing the bike around 20km all up hill to my office park... when I got there I passed out and was taken to the hospital and was treated for having a heart attack... /sigh

Anyway.... I checked the tank... It had petrol... The fuel tap seems to be in reverse because I switch to reserve to drive normally and as soon as I switch to full it sputters... Brand new fuel line so that's not the problem, carb is clean, tank is clean.... HELP!!!! Ideas?