Africa tour to the equator and back in 40 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kayaks for campers.

Attachments

• 522.jpg
    522.jpg
    369.2 KB
subie said:
I greatly admire you okes traveling in Africa. I am not a "people" person and just cannot stand the "cultures" of Africa.
The thieving and corruption. I will maar travel alone here in SA but really like to read al the reports about touring in Africa.

:ricky:
Hi subie I think if you do a 13 350 km trip through South Africa you will get more stuff stolen from you and more cops will stop you to try and get a bribe out of you. We never felt treatend except once and I felt much safer in all these countries. It is still worth while to travel up north, it is a real adventure. Thanks for reading my article. Schalk

Day 35    8/01/2011        Pemba----IIha de Mozambique.
The next day we packed up and travelled through Pemba to look for a place to have breakfast. Pemba is basically a shanty town but on the outskirts of town we found a 5 star hotel. It had high walls to keep the local population out and was right on the Indian Ocean. Our clothes were dirty and Juan and I went to sit on the patio to have a 5 star breakfast for R120 each. I apologised for our dirty clothes to the manager and told him that we were on a long motor cycle trip. There were mainly overseas guest booked into the hotel. The breakfast was really 5 star and it was the best so far on the trip. After breakfast I was waiting for Juan at the bikes when one of the tourists came to chat to me. “On a long trip?” he asked. Yes I said. He was part of the world Moto GP team and was very interested in our trip. We left in the rain as we wanted to get to get to the island of Mozambique. The scenery on the way was beautiful (see photos). At the island of Mozambique there was a long bridge from the main land to the island across the sea. The island was also used from the early 1700 to export slaves to the rest of the world. Juan and I did not like the feel of the island and went to look for accommodation about 100 km north of the island where all the diving resorts are and ended up paying about R 600 for the night in a very nice lodge.