Airbrush Project 2: Sports Theme: THFC *Complete bike pics added*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLRFegen

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Airbrush project 2
Theme: Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

Hey guys,
Thought I’d share my second airbrush project with you all. The bike is a 2006 KLR 650. I have gone with a sports theme this time. I have a soft spot for the English football club Tottenham Hotspurs so decided to go the full hog and see what I could come up with.
The colours I went with are Pearl White with Navy Blue. If you are ever asked to work on anything called Pearl White or Pearl anything just turn around and walk away and when you have enough space between you and the customer start running. It is the worst paint to work with because any under or over spray just shows itself right up and you can’t – don’t let anyone tell you they can – you can’t patch any mistakes. You basically must start all over again from the base coat.
I still have the one side panel to do and I also have the front mudguard left before I send for clear coats. I should have the project done by the end of the week. 2 weeks to complete – not bad considering the time of year and all the time I have spent watching football on the coach.
I will post pics of the parts with the clear coat on and also post pics of the bike completed and put together hopefully by Sunday.

Wish me luck...

PS: If anyone out there has any old(ish) panels or tanks out there that they are not using or want to throw away please drop me a PM and Ill collect. Especially KLR bits and pieces. I would like to carry on practising and would appreciate any second hand bits that anyone doesn’t want or use.
Let me know what you guys think..

Cheers
Mitch

Attachments

• Front View Tank 2.jpg
    Front View Tank 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Front View Tank.jpg
    Front View Tank.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 211